19 - The Rescue

Warning! This chapter contains violence and blood (not too extreme, but I prefer to warn...)

If you're still up to it, I hope you enjoy... 😉

************************************

-Don't you dare touch me, bastard! -I shout out at George as he rips my shirt open and runs his fingers over my skin.

I start to kick the hell out of him when he approaches the waist of my trousers.

-Fucking bitch, stop kicking! - he shouts out when my foot reaches the back of his head.

He wacks me hard round the face with the back of his hand, making my cheek go red hot, and leaving a metallic taste of blood in my mouth.

-You are so going to pay for this... -he says in anger, rubbing his hand over his nape.

-Oh, for Christ's sake... -sighs Valeria- this is going to take ages at this rate... Flavio! Please, go to the bathroom and get my pills. I'm starting to have a terrible headache...

The guy disappears out of the bedroom, and George bends over, searching for something between the different objects scattered over the bed.

-You want it to go faster? -he asks Valeria- You wait and see what this fucker can do.

He raises a huge knife and waves it in the air, pointing at me.

-I think I'll start with your guts... I'll turn you inside out and you'll be able to admire the whole process -he says to me.

I pull desperately on the cord that ties me to the headboard as he approaches me, when a voice makes him stop in his tracks.

-Don't you dare put a finger on her, you bastard! -I can't believe it, I look towards the door to find Damiano standing there.

-Damiano! -I exclaim with joy, but suddenly Valeria jumps up from her seat and runs up to him, acting the victim.

-My love, you came to save us! This maniac wants to do horrible things to us! -she says to him, but he pushes her away.

-Fuck off Valeria! Don't take me for an idiot -he replies- I know you're behind all this, and you're going to pay for it.

Her face changes into a fierce look when she realises he's not buying her act, and she starts to shout.

-Can't you see I'm doing it for us?! -she yells out- This bitch is always in the way, but I'm making things right, darling. Our love is strong, I know we'll be able to get over this.

-Valeria, listen to me... -says Damiano trying to stay calm- You're mentally ill. I'm not in love with you, and we'll never be together again. Stop all this right now, before it's too late...

Valeria gives him a delusional gaze, as she replies:

-I'm sorry darling, but that's not possible... You don't understand right now, but you'll see things clear once I get rid of her -she then breaks eye contact with Damiano to stare behind him, and nods her head.

I look at the same point as Valeria, and I try to shout out to warn Damiano, but it's too late. Flavio is behind him, and he smashes a glass vase over his head, knocking him unconscious onto the floor.

-Damiano! -I shout out.

-Damiano, Damiano! -repeates Valeria, in a high pitch voice- Shut up bitch, this is all because of you!

She kneels at his side and turns him face up, caressing his face.

-Don't worry darling, I'll take care of you... -she whispers at him- Flavio! Help me put him on the bed.