01|

"You can't be serious, mother

"You can't be serious, mother." My words come out as a groan as I hold the phone tensely to my ear. My back turned on the other occupants on the bus, my eyes looking right ahead into the blue fabric of the bus's chairs.

"Oh but I am. The whole point of college is to get out of your parent's home and I plan on keeping it that way." She's so smug that I can practically hear the smirk on her face. "I honestly don't care what you do. Stay at college or leave I don't care. Just don't come home."

My jaw drops open and with that my phone clicks over with a beep. She hung up on me.

I let out a loud groan and the man beside me shifts slightly in his seat. I throw a glare out the window instead of the man. I get it, it's a small bus and not many seats but god I wish this man choose somewhere else to sit.

Not only does he smell like he's been raised on a pig farm he's also too large and too big for the seat beside me that I'm practically thrown into the window beside me.

I focus on the view outside my window.

According to a quick google search, I completed about a week ago, Weston Peaks known for its forest and deep history has perfect views of mountains meeting the forest ... if only the rain stopped long enough for you to be able to see it.

Outside my window, the view smudged with raindrops showed the beauty of nature with every shade of green peeking out towards me. Honestly, it might be a little too green, I'm used to the greyness of the city, the high buildings covering the sky and the flashes of colours coming from other people. Here the only people I've seen are strapped into the bus with me.

As the man stick overcomes me again I wish I had listened to my high school teachers, I wish I had sat and focused maybe now I would be walking into NYC with Claire instead of being sent away to my purgatory.

I should be happy, honestly, I had horrible grades I shouldn't be going to college at all but when the rejection letters started coming my mother took matters into her own hands and emailed my Grandmother.

Annie is the headmistress at a very private, very secluded Weston Peaks College and Academy the place of my purgatory and apparently my last stop before homelessness.

I sigh and rest my head against the coolness of the window. I felt a headache coming and all I want is to ignore everything and slide into the comfort of my bed I just had to leave behind.

Just as my eyes start closing the squeal of brakes flooded the bus as it pulls into a bus stop on the side of the road, literally in the middle of nowhere. I knew it before the driver even opened his mouth but still as the words stumbled out of his mouth I held my breath.

"Weston Peaks."

I look out the window again just seeing the forest behind the small bus stop and nothing else.