31 | The Greatest Sacrifice

The door falls away behind me as I step into the small cottage

The door falls away behind me as I step into the small cottage. Except it's not as small as I had expected instead the overfilled room is quite large with high ceilings, large bay windows and above the kitchen area a loft that houses a very comfortable looking bed. My eyes flash around the room so many amazing things are crowded into the room, so many things that I don't even know what half of them do.

My eyes fall onto the spot next to me a small leather-covered book seems to pulsate with power. As if it's yelling into the void, 'look at me, read me.'

My hand reaches for it before I even make a conscious decision to grab it. My fingers tingle with desire to open the book and look into its pages but quickly my mind catches up with my body and tugs my hand away. Almost instantly the need to open it disappears.

I want to explore more and then I will come back for the book, I decide quickly to walk away from the book. Each step away sends a tickle down my back but I ignore it the best I can and continue exploring the cottage.

It doesn't take long, besides this one room their the loft above and the small kitchen area filled with all kinds of ingredients and overflowing with recipes and utensils. The only room closed behind a door is the bathroom which is also the least cluttered area. Behind the house, she can see a garden overflowing with plants and herbs. She knows Annie would love to be here and find all the plants inside that garden.

I spin on the spot smiling, this place is magical and it makes her feel so relaxed like she's home. Something she hasn't felt for an actual place in a long time.

She turns back to the crowded bookshelves seeing books filled with potions, spells and history. Tables filled with combat gear and weapons. A display of potions on the wall promising health and good luck.

This little cottage is like a museum for all things witchy and supernatural.

The air is filled with the scent of old books and the same smell as the potions room in the school. Aislynn must have done a lot of potion-making while she was away.

A small frown finds its way onto my face. Aislynn had been living inside these walls for how long? Is being inside these walls mean that I will be stuck just like her? I shake the thoughts from my mind, not wanting to think about it I reach out and grab the first thing I find to distract myself.

In my hand I pull out a large silver sword, it feels immensely heavy, heavier than any of the practice swords in Mr Hunt's room but as soon as I hold it the way I was taught the heaviness flows away and the power of the weapon runs through my veins. My magic awakens just a little bit and I feel powerful. I feel like I could take on the world.

A smile spreads on my face and I place the sword near the door a sheath materialising around it as I place it down. Magic is awesome. I laugh as I turn around.

My mind races around the room trying to find something else that fills me with the same awesome powers.

My hands once again find the object on their own, as if the power inside of the object is calling to my subconscious. I find myself holding a black outfit almost like the outfit Annie had worn when the attack happened this one feels more worn and when I place it against my body I know that it will fit perfectly along my body.