29| An Awkward Conversation

LUCIANS POV

LUCIANS POV

For the first time in months when I wake up, I feel completely warm and content, instantly a sigh coming from my mouth as I slowly come to consciousness. I let my eyes slowly open, the golden morning sun peeking through my windows and into my bedroom lighting up the room in the same yellow. As my eyes take in my surroundings I find myself face to face with the most beautiful sight, Morgan sleeping in front of me. She's fast asleep and it takes me a moment to see Cedric's arms wrapped around her waist. They both seem just as content as I am, sleeping wrapped in each other's arms and legs.

It's then that I also see my own limbs entwined with theirs. A smile brushes onto my face as I pull myself closer to their sleeping bodies. Snuggling myself into the pair of them, letting Morgans fiery smell engulf me followed by the more forestry scent of Cedric and his wolf which gives me insight on just how much Cedrics wolf feels relaxed around Morgan.

I pull my eyes away from Morgans soft white skin, the red brush of her hair and find myself looking over to Cedric. It's been a long time since I've seen Cedric so relaxed, content and happy, probably since the night of the sleepover. I shudder and quickly push the thought out of my mind. As if sensing my unease, Morgans arm wraps around my shoulders pulling me into her shoulder as she continues to sleep. My breathing comes quickly for just a moment before I relax into them.

Pulling my mind quickly back to the Cedric of here and now, most nights Cedric is out of the school walking in his wolf form protecting the school from any threats, or even training with Mr Hunt to better protect us. If he actually gets to sleep a full night in his bed, his nightmares make it impossible for him to sleep. More than once I've heard him sneak off in the middle of the night to try and push his body to that tiredness where not a single dream will interrupt him.

As I pull back I notice the small flinch away, that Morgan does in her sleep. Seeing the way she kind of shields her shoulder away from me. Moving slowly and holding my breath I lightly brush her hair away from it, her light pink shirt pushed up her arm showing me her shoulder a little more. There I see the dark blossoming of a bruise.

She's hurt and she didn't tell anyone. My eyes drift over to Cedric, he's hurt as well.

I sigh loudly, rolling away from them and to the edge of my bed. Morgans arms fall away from me and I quickly stand up. My mind filled to the brim that I can already feel a headache blooming.

They got hurt, they were attacked almost killed, if Morgans ancestors didn't help her they could be dead right now.

A heavy stone of fear and pain falls into my stomach.

This is all getting out of control, my father and his 'followers' are taking this too far. He nearly killed Cedric the other night and last night he got his people to attack them and for what? Because he doesn't like us working together but he's the one working with them just as much as we are.