30| Into the Darkest Shadows

I felt like such an idiot, I wanted to scream and yell and fight

I felt like such an idiot, I wanted to scream and yell and fight. I didn't do any of those things, I couldn't do anything because there was no one to yell at or fight with. My anger was with myself, at my stupidity. I don't trust people, I haven't for years, god I don't even think my mother has heard more than two sentences from my mouth in the past five years but here I am giving those boys everything.

Telling them things, feeling for them, god I might have even fallen for them and for what? For them to be just like everyone else here.

I've proven myself, I've shown my powers.

"I am powerful." My words fall flat as I open the door into the school grounds. The rain blurs my vision for a moment before I storm out.

So I wasn't good under pressure, that's understandable and something very easily fixed. And anyway who is he to send me away like I'm nothing like I'm yesterday's trash.

My heart thumps loudly at my own mean words thrown into my face and before I even know it my legs are pumping just as hard through the rain. My mind rushed and I ran right past Annie's house, and Nathaniel right into the teeming forest.

"I shouldn't," I mumble to myself but I don't lose any momentum as I jump over roots and shrubs.

Who knows who or what is in this forest waiting to ambush the school but the thought of turning around, of going into Annie's house with the tears still streaming down my face, no I can't do that. I will not let myself get vulnerable again.

If anything the boys at least taught me that no one is to be trusted around my emotions, not even me.

I ran deeper into the forest, slightly mindful of moving in a straight line so when exhaustion took over my embarrassing mind I would be able to find my way out again.

Thankfully I didn't need to find out before just as I came running around the corner I ran right into something. No someone.

I looked up from my place firmly in the ground after slamming my chest first into someone. My eyes found the blonde, white hair of Aislynn also on her ass in front of me.

She looked confused for a moment before a smile broke her face.

"Morgan," she yelled before jumping up and pulling me into a hug. "God I haven't seen you in ages? How are you?"

She takes one look at me, probably seeing the tears still streaming down my face, I rub under my nose hoping they aren't accompanied by a running nose but when I pull it away it's all clear.

She frowns before grabbing my arm and pulling me up, thankfully she doesn't touch my sore arm now that I've fallen and screams at me.

"I'm fine." I lie, Aislynn doesn't say anything but her face shows me how much she believes that. "I'll be fine at least."