32 | Foggy Crystal Globes

Darkness comes quickly in the forest, the cottage lights flicker on by themselves and my eyelids quickly grow heavy

Darkness comes quickly in the forest, the cottage lights flicker on by themselves and my eyelids quickly grow heavy. Still wrapped in the blanket on the small armchair I allow my mind to think over all the things I had just seen within Aislynns diary.

Aislynn and her younger sister had been dumped in this forest to fend for themselves by their father - maybe this is something that creates the cottage the first story of the cottage was about a witch who had been left here and in a way my mother had dumped me into the forest as well. I wonder how she had found the cottage all alone or had someone come up to her as she did for me?

My eyes flash to the diary where it still sits on the floor folded open where I had thrown it after the words burned into the pages. If I open it again will I see more of Aislynns past? Or will the page turn to those last moments of her life when the werewolves had come to kill her?

So many questions bounce around in my head that I can feel a migraine coming on, I can't think about it all now. My brain starts aching so much that the lights feel like they're burning into my eyes until all I can do is close them.

I let myself fall into the darkness, trying to keep my mind empty and fall into a dreamless sleep.

I feel the lights turn off around me and then nothing.

Silence.

Darkness.

Asleep.

~~~

The darkness around me slowly turns lighter, turning a soft grey before the world rips open and I'm placed firmly onto the ground. My bare feet hit the soft grass under me and my legs give out underneath me. I fall to the ground with a grunt.

My eyes open quickly seeing the green grass and my body, covered in the clothes I had fallen asleep in. I gasp fear itching its way into my chest, how did I get here?

My eyes flash around me but I'm alone, sitting in the field behind the school looking towards the forest, my fingers tingle with my fear.

Something is coming.

As soon as I think that I hear the rumble, the sound of hundreds of feet hitting the forest floor just beyond.

Someone is coming and they're not alone.

I stand shakily onto my feet, standing up preparing myself for what I already know is a losing battle.

"Morgan." Someone yells behind me, I recognise the voice instantly Annie. I don't take my eyes off of the forest.

"Annie someone coming," I yell back to her, the rumble grows louder, closer but still I hear her soft patters as she makes her way over to me.

"I know." She whispers when she reaches my side. In my perpetual vision, I see her come up beside me wearing the armour she had for the last attack. There are more dark figures near her and I take the moment to look away from the forest to see who it is.