Five

0 5.

•••

The bruises on my nose healed up pretty fast considering how hard the ball had hit me.

Liam bought me this cream that he suggested I should use — doctors recommendation — I didn't quite believe him. There were so many ways of killing people so I gave it to my mother to run some tests on it at the hospital.

What? I had trust issues when it comes to my health. Besides, I didn't trust him. He was the prime example of a walking lie.

Also, I couldn't blame myself for looking after my health, and actually trying to stay safe. After all, they did say safety first.

I'd always been an introvert, keeping things to myself and whenever I had something to confess, I'd start writing them down in my diary under a huge tree at the back of our yard. It was safe to say I spilled my feelings out onto paper.

I preferred old-school because I wanted to feel my words flow out of my mind through my hand as I write them down. My diary had a secure lock on it, so no one could open it except for me. But somehow, Liam managed to break it open.

Not that I didn't trust my best friends, it was just better to keep things to myself. Two weeks have passed and students were still giving me weird glances. I heard a few rumors that I "accidentally" ran into the ball to get everyone's attention. How the fuck was that even possible?

I was surrounded by empty vessels.

My brain hurt from thinking so much, and it had been so overwhelming that I had to skip classes. I didn't like to be the center of attention because my social anxiety wouldn't allow that.

When school ended, I stayed behind because Lilly had to stay after school for her fashion classes, and I was pretty sure my brother left me behind. Maya dashed out of the red brick building without even saying a word.

I was so ready to punch her in the face tomorrow. The former was my ride to school everyday so whenever she had to stay behind for her extra classes, I had no choice but to stay.

Lilly was the only person that offered to drive me to school like the angel she was. She literally had the heart of a golden retriever, and that's what made
her so damn special.

Adam had been my crush since eight grade, and no one else ever seem to bypass him. He was the only boy I cared for. I could watch him all day and not get bored.

Everybody knew that I was gay — I'd been out of the closet for a long time now, and most of them didn't have a problem with it. Except those people that would walk past me in the hallway and shove their crosses into my face.

Liam was actually one of the first people to accept me other than my two best friends. My brother, well, he had a problem with it at first but he eventually got around the idea that his brother liked guys.

Having a crush on a guy at school was excruciating painful because they were straight. I'm sure there were some in the closet, but Adam, he was straight as a pole and it was really painful to watch him flirt with girls not knowing that I was madly in love with him.

More so, Adam hasn't been communicating with me since he took me to the nurse, but I'd treasure the happy memories we shared. It was extremely hard to stay mad at him. My brain felt like jumping out of my skull from thinking so much.