Twenty-Four

2 4.

•••

I was basically abducted for this sleepover.

Liam only bribed me with food; that was the only way I was going to this lame sleepover of two people. Is that normal?

My stomach was feeling light, and my heart felt complete. Ew, that was so cliché. Liam smiled at me, grabbed my hand and dragged me up to his bedroom.

I chuckled as he kept dragging me, trying not to make a lot of noise because his mom might be home. When we entered his room, my mouth fell agape at the sight.

The room was dimly lit in a soft yellow glow, beautiful daisies scattered across his bed, and floor. All of my favorite things sat on the bed next to a enormous stuffed brown bear holding the letter L.

My lips stretched into a grin, and I turned to look at Liam in admiration. "You did all of this?"

He grinned, and scratched the back of his head. "I mean, yeah," he laughed, a soft tint of pink appeared on his cheeks. "I just wanted this sleepover to be perfect."

Looking into his eyes, for the first time I never any mischief, or trouble — just honesty, and admiration.

The grin never left my lips as I grabbed him by the shoulders to pull him in close. I dropped my face onto his shoulder as he wrapped his arms around my lowerback. I felt secure. Safe.

He smelled really nice like musk and mint. Liam dipped his face into the crook of my neck. It felt really nice to be held like this.

Contentment.

•••

When a loud crash occurred downstairs, I abruptly sat up in the bed as I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

Glancing to my left, the space was empty next to me. I frowned deeply. Where did he go to? Did he regret our make-out sessions, and now he was afraid to tell me that? Was he having cold feet?

Indistinct shouting could be heard, and when another crash sounded from downstairs, I ripped the quilt from my body. I walked over to the door, and opened it.

"Oh, so now this is my fault?" A male voice yelled, "where the fuck were you when I needed you the most?"

"Don't blame this on me because you decided to throw your life away!" Liam yelled back with just much anger. "You had everything, man. What happened?"

"Don't ask me bullshit," the male voice spat. I couldn't put a name to a face. "I'm not here to be questioned by a wannabe."

Curiosity brew inside me so I walked further down the stairs to take a peak of what was happening. There was a black haired boy standing in front of Liam — taller, rougher, and angrier.

Liam shook his head. "Bro, when did you start doing this?" he asked in a calm voice. "I know this isn't like you, man. We used to be brothers."

"Brothers?" he asked with a scoff, "you're so hilarious, Liam, it's disturbing. Get the fuck out of my way before I do something I'd love to do."