Twenty-Two

2 2.

•••

I'd been devastated.

I didn't leave my room for about a whole two weeks — well, except of course to use the bathroom or to get something to eat — but that was when everyone was sleeping.

My mother tried to get me out of the room with all of my favorite things, but I just wasn't feeling anything. The first week I'd been in my room just crying my eyes out, not wanting to interact with anyone.

Came the second week, I'd been feeling void of everything.

So void that by the fortnight, I still wasn't in the mood to go to school. I just wanted stay wrapped around in the comfort of my blanket, and watching zombie movies.

Stretching my limbs, it cracked as I did. Letting out a lazy yawn, I strolled to the bathroom. When I saw my reflection staring back at me, I wanted to bolt because there was no hope for me.

My hair was dishevelled, standing up in all different directions, and I could see bags start to form under my eyes. I sighed, and splashed some cold water onto my face to ease my aching muscles.

A knock on my door caused me to roll my eyes. What was it with people and not getting that I wanted to be isolated? Did they want me to lash out of them again, and be the evil guy? Is that what they wanted?

When the knocking continued, I stormed out of my bathroom toward the door, unlocked it, and flung it open. Grey eyes stared back at me as the words left my mouth.

I didn't expect Lilly to be standing behind my door. Not knowing what to say, I scratched the back of my head awkwardly. Shit. What do I say?

"Hey, Dale," she greeted sweetly with a wiggle of her fingers, and a grin on her face. "What's up, buddy? We haven't heard from you in two weeks. Also, you look like you got hit by a bus, no offense."

I groaned with my face tilted up toward the ceiling as I strolled to my bed, and plumped down face-first into the matress. I heard Lilly giggle behind me as I heard the door close with a soft click.

Rolling onto my back, staring at the ceiling, I ran my hands down my face. "I don't know what's going on at this point. All I know is that I do not want to leave my room."

Lilly walked over to my blinds, and pulled the string, light invaded my room as I threw my arm over my eyes to block the bright light.

"It's good to see you after you decided to ghost on us," she told me, "even though you look like not being on earth right now. We miss you. You should come back to school. Everyone is going crazy about prom."

Oh shit, prom. I suddenly sat upright, wincing at the light. I found Lilly standing infront of my dresser. She was dressed in her usual sense of fashion — oversized black hoodie with a pair of blue ripped jeans, and black thigh high heels.

"I honestly forgot about prom..." I trailed off, realizing that I didn't have a date. "Well, looks like I won't be attending any social events anytime soon. Besides, you guys can go without me."

Lilly rolled her eyes at me as she walked to my bed, and sat down. She threw her arm around my neck, and pulled me close. "We'll never go without you. It's our trio, or no trio at all," she said with a smile, and I found myself smiling. Her vibe was just so contagious. "That was our promise in junior year, remember?"