Twenty-Five

2 5.

•••

I wouldn't exactly call what  Liam and I had a relationship, but I did feel something for him though.

After all these time we've spent together, there was a warm feeling inside my chest everytime I saw him smiling, or how his umber eyes would twinkle with mischief.

At first, all this would mean nothing to me. I realized I should just let my feelings out, and tell him how I feel about him. Why was I so nervous though?

We were currently watching a fantasy movie, sprawled out on the couch. Our legs were tangled together under the soft cover. Liam had his arm behind my neck, and waist. He was spooning me, and I had to admit, it felt really nice.

Liam buried his face into the crook of my neck, and I felt his rapid breathing against my back. Goosebumps appeared on my skin, and my stomach did that weird butterfly effect.

"Hey, you wanna get out of here and go for a swim in my backyard?" he mumbled into my ear, and licked my earlobe.

I giggled, and shifted away. But he only shifted closer to me. The thought of swimming right now did not sound like a bad idea, but I had to catch up on Biology homework that I hadn't done in two weeks. Talk about procrastination.

"It's late for that," I responded in a whisper, and turned around so I could look at him. He had a small smile on his face. "Besides, tomorrow is school and I don't want to wake up sick."

"Mhmm," he said distractingly, and swiped his tongue over his lips. He buried his head into the crook of my head. "You smell nice," he complimented making me smile.

He lifted his head up to look at me again. "You don't have to get into the water," he said to me, "you can just dip your feet into it."

Liam was giving me his puppy face with his bottom lip out, slumped shoulders, and his already teary umber eyes. Damn, his features were so muscular that I had to force myself to look away.

He gently placed his thumb, and index finger under my chin. He gently turned my head so I was looking into his umber eyes. It was twinkling with some mischief in them. "Please?"

And so I found myself at the back of Liam's yard with my feet dipped in the cold blue water. Liam, however simply didn't care if it was cold or not, he dove into the water like a pro.

When he emerged, his light brown hair was sticking to his forehead, droplets of water running down his face making him look irresistibly attractive. His eyelashes looked longer than normal.

"Who would've thought we would end up together?" he asked all too confidently with a smug look.

The glistening of the water danced around his face.

I furrowed my eyebrows at his words, and tilted my head to the side. "Who said we are anything?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. "Stop planting ideas into your head."

Liam gaped at me before he disappeared under the water, and came up in front of me. He placed both of his hand on my knees, and separated them so he could float in front of me.