Six

0 6.

•••

I admired a lot people for so many things, but talking to Liam was not one of them.

He was infuriating and he just knew how to get under my skin. "Okay so listen," he said without greeting, stepping into my bedroom like he owned it, making sure to kick off his shoes and plump down on my bed.

My dumbfounded look must've been on billboards right now. "No, invite yourself in, this is your room, please do make yourself at home."

Liam rolled his eyes at me as he lied down on the mattress and rested his arms behind his head. "Let's rational adults here, we're grown ups, we can do whatever the hell we want."

I scoffed, suppressing an eye roll. "Yeah? Adults who live under their parents' roof and sustain from their money. Anyway, what's your reason for existing?"

The grin on his face had those dimples carved into his cheeks and his umber eyes were shining again. I sat beside him, making sure to keep a safe and unreachable distance between us.

I didn't know what spell he could put me under.

"Why do your friends always hang around this long?" he asked completely ignoring my previous question. He usually ignored the facts.

I chuckled, but not in a funny way. "My apologies for having friends, next time I'll make sure not to bring them over, though you don't have a say in this. You never have a say."

Liam's grin never left his face. "Dalley, honey, you should be thanking me because if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't even have the guts to talk to Adam... let alone tell him all your dirty little secrets. And I quote, I love those tight shorts and kissable lips -"

As the familiar words of my diary left his mouth, I swiftly placed my hand over his mouth.

Liam was so close to getting punched in the face. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Have you ever hated someone so much that you just want to punch them in the face and throw them out of your house? That's going to be you, pal."

His words came out muffled so I removed my hand from his mouth and wiped my hand on my pants. Liam grinned at me, eyes still glued to the ceiling.

Taking a chance, I let my eyes travel across his defined features. Liam definitely changed his outfit from what I could tell, tight fitted t-shirt showing off his abdominal muscles that I did not want to be part of, grey sweatpants on his lower half - accompanied by his dumb dimples in his cheeks.

When he shook his head and looked up, our gazes met. Almost instantly, I looked away because I had a feeling he knew I was checking him out, for the right reasons anyway.

He was probably thinking I was into him. Gag.

"Hey behave yourself would you," he warned jokingly, eyes sparkling. "I'm into your friend, not you so be a good boy."

My head snapped to his, finding his shit-eating grin plastered across his face. "What the... no! Oh my God, that's so gross. How could you even think that? Don't make me gag please. You're the worst person alive."