×8×

"Did you really have to accompany me to my family estate?" Walter muttered resting his chin on his hand as he eyed the scenery passing by from the carriage window.

"Why yes of course dear Walty, we wouldn't miss it for anything." A bubbly Louis responded.

Walter narrowed his eyes at the man unimpressed at the whole situation. He took it a notch further and frowned at the other man seated in the carriage with them.

Aleric innocently smiled causing Walter to let out a huff and direct his gaze out the window again.

A few days had passed since the summer festival and Prince Aleric had once again found himself raked with boredom within the Palace walls. After his injury had reopened, he had received a long lecture from the court physician no less about the importance of healing. Aleric had of course used the excuse of a simple training mishap when questioned.

Once the King had gotten word of this, Aleric was prohibited from coming within ten metres of the training grounds until full recovery. Thus, the poor prince had no escape from his cousin who was more than willing to keep him company and chat his ears off about his newly found so called love.

When Aleric did manage on those rare occasions to escape the torture, he often found himself thinking back to that night when the strange girl helped him. Upon inspection of the handkerchief given to him, he was shocked to notice an all too familiar family crest nearly embroidered on it. The Alvore family crest.

Aleric recalled that his dear friend Walter had a sister, a sister that unfortunately Louis had once claimed to be madly in love with. Aleric found himself frowning.

Sibyl had done nothing much to stand out. When he had met her, out of respect for his friend he greeted her kindly however he assumed that she was like most of the other ladies he had met. Desperate for his attention simply because of his title of Crown Prince. A shallow woman caring for nothing but her image in society and looking down on those below her. He did not know what Louis had seen in her but now he found himself second guessing his previous thoughts.

Sibyl had helped him, someone that she had no idea the identity of, a stranger. She had shown kindness. Maybe she was not as shallow as he originally assumed. Nevertheless, he still had her handkerchief and a part of him felt the need to return it.

When Aleric had heard of Walter's departure to his family's estate, Aleric made the choice to join him much to Walter's dismay. The poor man was planning to go on his own as per usual, riding alone to save time.

Walter tried his best to protest against the Prince but inevitably lost in the end when Louis just happened to appear after overhearing the conversation. Louis was more than willing to join in on Aleric's side. He wanted to be a part of the fun.

"Aww Walty-Walt don't be like that." Louis coaxed his miserable friend across from him in the carriage. Walter was still not the slightest impressed and just rolled his eyes choosing to ignore the man.

They had to travel in a carriage due to the Prince's injury, it was a condition Walter had set if they were to come with him. A condition he was greatly regretting. As to not draw attention, the carriage they travelled in was not grand but as plain as they come. They were also not accompanied by guards. Walter wished he could just chuck Louis on a horse and make him ride outside the carriage where he couldn't hear the idiot.

Walter knew his family, especially his mother would be upset with him for not informing them that he would be bringing not one but two esteemed guests to the estate. Maybe he could sneak them in without causing panicked chaos. Yes, that is what he would do. He just needed to check in with his father anyways, he would make it quick so that they would be in and out in no time.

Upon arrival at the estate, Walter was quick to get out of the carriage. The Prince and Louis following in suit.

"Wow Walt, you have one big house." Louis caught up to the fast-paced man as the crossed through the halls startling many servants.

"My father is a Count, what do you expect." Walter sarcastically replied.

Upon reaching a quiet drawing room, he gave both Louis and Aleric strict instructions not to leave. He then left himself after instructing a servant to bring refreshments.

"I can't believe that he would leave us like this." Louis complained after throwing himself over one of the couches in complaint.

"For once I agree with you cousin." Aleric gave a soft chuckled.

He knew why Walter had done this. If he was not such a dear friend to both Louis and Aleric, he would have gotten into a lot of trouble. Fortunately, they both were not in the slightest upset with him. Rather they found it amusing.

"Hey Louis, since Walter will probably be gone for a while how about we go exploring?" Aleric suggested. A sly smile on his lips.

Louis sat up immediately at that. He too was smiling. He knew that this would irritate Walter so it would totally be worth it.

"Beautifully spoken cousin." Louis chuckled and rubber his hands together, a mischievous look on his face.

"Let us go then." Aleric helped him up and both made their way to the door.

As Louis opened it, he was met with the startled eyes of the servant about to open the door from the other side who was bringing refreshments.

The servant gasped. When she saw who it was, Louis did so as well.

"It's you!" He exclaimed.

Georgie turned seven shades of red before running off in the opposite direction.

Louis was about to chase after her, turned back to look at Aleric last moment, "Sorry cousin, it seems I need to go and confirm something. I will be right back."

Aleric who was taken off guard at the scene shook it off and just rolled his eyes. It's official his cousin was not only irritating but also crazy.

He let out a soft laugh at the thought and made his way out of the room. He would question Louis later.