×49×

"Yes. I think that would be a wonderful idea!" The Duchess of Waisend smiled in delight, a playful glint in her eyes.

The Duke let out a sharp breath relieved that his Duchess was happy.

"But do you think she would agree?" She scrunched her eyebrows in thought.

"Who in their right mind would decline such an offer? We are the Waisends my dear, anyone would be honoured to be given such an opportunity." The Duke smiled in reassurance.

"I know that, but there is something about her which gives me the feeling that she may reject our extended invitation." The Duchess frowned and looked down.

The Duke walked up to her and gently placed a finger under her chin lifting it up so he could meet his Duchess's beautiful eyes.

"Then we will just have to make her an offer she cannot refuse."

"I do not wish to force her..."

"And we will not. The final choice lies in her hands. It is up to her whether she wishes to accept or not. I just hope that she accepts as I do not wish to see you look so down and have an unpleasant time at the ball." He kissed her forehead.

"I really am the luckiest girl in the world." The Duchess smiled and leaned into her husband, "But do not worry about me, I know exactly what I signed up for the moment we took our vows."

"How can I not worry? Your happiness is my happiness-" The Duke was interrupted by a kiss.

"Ew!" Edith squealed from the doorway covering her face.

Both the Duke and Duchess parted but still remained in each other's embraces laughing at their cute little daughter and son hiding shyly behind her.

Meanwhile Erica was back with Ron helping clean the place before the next patient were to arrive.

Ron watched her silently from the corner of his eyes.

He had been a bit worried for the frightened girl when she was summoned to the Waisend estate. She had been very pale and looked as if she would faint the moment the summoning was received however when she had returned, she seemed fine.

She was relaxed and calm, peaceful almost. Ron was relieved yet very curious. He really wanted to know why the Waisends had summoned her. He did have an idea, but he wanted to confirm it.

"Erica-" Just as he was about to ask, he was interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Apologies for the late interruption, a letter for a Miss Erica from the Duke." A Waisend guard bowed.

"Thank you." Ron dismissed taking the letter and closing the door once more.

"Erica? There is a letter for you." Ron called.

"A letter?" She dusted her hands off as she approached him.

"From the Duke." Ron said as he handed it to her.

She gently broke the wax seal and removed the letter from the envelope revealing it contents. Her eyes gently raked over the neatly written words absorbing the information.

"What does it say?" Ron was impatient. His curiosity was beginning to get the better of him.

"It's an invitation." Erica softly said as she handed the letter over to Ron.

She seemed to be having mixed emotions over it.

She seemed overjoyed and excited to receive an extended invite to a prestigious ball from a highly admired and powerful family.