×13×

"You have to come!" Louis whined, "You are like my lucky charm."

Louis was down on his knees clutching Prince Aleric's shirt in desperation with his best attempt of puppy eyes. Something he still could not do.

"Louis my dearest cousin, as much as I would love to get out of this castle again, it's not my call. You should be begging Walter." Aleric smiled and rolled his eyes prying off his cousin's hands.

Walter had been keeping a close eye on Aleric. If he were to so much as take one step off of the Palace grounds, Walter would know about it. Every time Aleric wanted to sneak out, Walter would threaten to report this to the King. He was still peeved at the fact that Aleric's wound had reopened the last time but mainly fact that Aleric had accompanied him to his family estate. He wanted to get back at the prince.

"Wait so you are saying if I can convince Walty, you will come with?" He let go and got up at record speed. A twinkle in his eyes.

"Yes." Aleric chuckled at his cousin's behaviour knowing full well how hard it would be to convince Walter.

Louis shot out of the room in a hurry, his mind fully set on locating a certain Commander who just happened to be training.

About twenty minutes or so later an absolutely soaked Louis walked in followed by a smirking Commander.

"Al I did it! We can go!" Louis fist pumped the air above his head causing more water to drip all over the floor.

"I don't think I want to know how he managed to pull it off." Aleric took a few steps back from the wet man and spoke directly to Walter.

"He hasn't succeeded in anything yet." Walter replied, a smirk dancing on his lips.

"But you said if I let you throw me in the fountain you would let me take Aleric with!" Louis's face morphed into confused shock at Walters words.

"As usual you only chose to listen to what you wanted to hear. My words were, if you poke me one more time, I will chuck you into the fountain." Walter laughed.

"What?! No. Don't you lie." Louis grumbled, "I told you if you throw me into the fountain, you will have to let Aleric come with me!"

"I said I would think about it." Walter defended cashing Louis to let out a huff.

"Well?!"

"Umm..." Walter tapped his chin mockingly, "No."

"Ah come on Walt. I've been going there alone for over a week now and I'm perfectly fine. Let Aleric come with me please?" he tried to reason.

"Alright, but I have two conditions-" Walter began before Louis interrupted him.

"Yay! I knew you would give into my charms eventually Walty." Louis tried to launch for his face to give him a kiss on the cheek. Something that Walter was prepared for, so he stuck out his hand to stop him.

"I'm not done you idiot," Walter rolled his eyes, "Firstly, I need to check your wound myself to see if you are ready to go out Aleric." He eyed the prince before turning back to Louis, "And secondly, you need to dry off. Can't have you falling ill under my watch, I have enough troubles as it is."

Louis gave a salute and pretty much bounced out of the room like a little child who had eaten to much candy and was so full of energy.

"I cannot believe he actually convinced your stubborn butt." Aleric chuckled.

"Yeah yeah now remove your shirt." Walter said flatly letting out a sigh.

"I didn't realise you were that desperate to see my naked chest." Aleric teased.

"Just do it." Walter rolled his eyes.

"Now now calm down dear. I'm a little shy." Aleric gave his attempt of a feminine giggle before inevitably laughing and lifting his shirt up.

"I don't know who is worse, you or Louis." Walter grumbled as his analysed Aleric's wounded side.

"Who knows but since you are still here, we have obviously done something right." Aleric winked.

"I swear you two will drive me into an early retirement." The man sighed, "Well good news is, your wound has pretty much healed, but don't you dare do anything stupid."

"Yes Mother." Aleric teased him again before putting his shirt down.

"I mean it." He narrowed his eyes.

"Do you think I am some type of person who enjoys experiencing pain?" The Prince rhetorically asked.

"Just meet me in the courtyard when you are done changing into normal clothes." Walter said before leaving the room. He too went to change.

Ten minutes later the three of them were ready to head out. Sneaking out of the castle when you hold the authority couldn't be easier than leaving through the main entrance but alas that draws to much attention so one of the back entrances are best suited.

It's the sneaking back into the Palace that is hard part but when you have a highly respected Commander, a soon to be Duke and the Crown Prince of the kingdom, it is much easier.

Sneaking out was nothing new, the three of them had done it for years and even knew of alternative ways to get out if the king ever started to get suspicious which tended to be an uncommon occurrence since most of his time was spent running the kingdom.

Giving a nod of acknowledgement to the guards on duty, the three of them set out into the busy streets of the capital city well disguised as normal civilians.

Louis had a good feeling that he would finally get to see the beautiful young servant girl who had stolen his heart today. He took fast paced strides in anticipation. Aleric and Walter easily kept up with him.

Aleric felt relieved that he finally got out of those suffocating palace walls and was able to enjoy the bustling energy of the common folk along the streets. He enjoyed experiencing the joys of the kingdom he would one day rule through his own eyes.

Walter would never admit it but he too felt a positive emotion wash over him once he stepped off of the Palace grounds. It was refreshing. He let out a long breath, but he couldn't shake the feeling that something was going to happen.

Whether it would be good or bad, big or small he did not know...