×11×

Sibyl had been in a very good mood ever since her encounter with the crown prince. The maids who served her especially took note of this.

She was not ordering the about to do silly tasks and reprimanding them as much. This change in mood gave a lot of them some sense of relief.

The reason for the Count Alvore's high turnover of maids and servants all boiled down to Sibyl. She was very picky when it came to them and tended to take her anger out on the poor souls.

If they did not quit themselves, she would eventually dismiss them herself if she found some petty fault with them whether it be if they were more beautiful than her or if they did not compliment her enough.

Thus no one really wanted to work with the young miss. Unfortunately, this led to the Countess who manages most of the inner estate affairs to increase the offered wages for those working personally under Sibyl.

The Countess was not particularly pleased with this but chose to overlook it for she believed her daughter was too perfect to have fault. Instead of doing the right thing and reprimanding the girl, she rather redirected the funding that the Count had personally allocated to Erica to Sibyl.

The Count was very strict when it came to spending amongst his family members. Each child and the Countess were allocated a certain monthly allowance which he himself personally counted.

Walter had long given up his when he had left the estate, but the Count still allocated the same amount each month, but this was now put to the side for his future inheritance. Sorin tended to invest his allowance in businesses under the strict guidance of his father.

The Countess's allowance ran the estate. Hers of course was much higher than that of her children. Unfortunately for her, it was closely monitored by the Count so she had little freedom and limitations on what she could do.

She may have come from a noble family but unfortunately, they had gone bankrupt, so she had no dowry when she wed. Her marriage with the Count Alvore had been arranged before either of them were born so she now relied solely on him for her financial support. This was further the reason why she had not left him when she discovered he had bed another woman and got her pregnant.

Sibyl's spending was ridiculously high. Every time she went out of the estate or was meeting up with other nobles, she needed a new dress which she adamantly refused to wear more than once. This meant that new accessories and new fabric all tailor made to fit her slender form. Now that the Countess had sneakily given her Erica's allowance Sibyl could spend to her hearts content.

When the Countess got word that the Crown Prince was on the estate from her daughter, she was upset that she was not informed of his presence until long after he had left.

Sibyl had been gushing her heart out to her mother repeatedly about the crown prince. So much so that she had convinced herself that Prince Aleric was intending to take her on as a wife. She had gotten it into her head that she would be the next crown princess.

She believed she deserved that title and no one else did. No other lady could hold any standing up against her. They were all below her. Only she could be Queen one day. Only she was perfect enough to fit that roll and it seemed the prince finally realised her value or why else would he return her handkerchief personally? He obviously intended to woo her.

This ideology had scared off most of her possible opposition within her social circles. If Sibyl wanted something, she would have it no matter what even if it meant destroying friendships and other close relationships.

One such occasion was when one of Sibyl's so called dearest friends, Lady Jasmine, happened to win a silly little game at Baroness Claire's tea party. The prize was nothing fancy, but Sibyl hated losing. She had told Jasmine beforehand that she had wanted to be in the Baroness's good grace for she was a dear friend of one of the most popular dress designers in the kingdom.

Jasmine had overlooked of Sibyl's hidden meaning behind her words and simply thought Sibyl was just being nervous. In order to lighten up her solemn mood, Jasmine thought that it would be fun if they were to compete against each other in the Baroness's game. She wanted to distract Sibyl and allow her to enjoy herself, Baroness Claire was more open to relaxed and happy people.

Unfortunately, Jasmine had no idea that Sibyl would be horrible at the game, and she had beaten her before she even realised it. Sibyl was a sore loser.

She did not act out immediately, instead she used her status as the Count Alvore's daughter and slowly began to turn everyone against Jasmine. Sibyl began rumours and revealed secrets regarding Jasmine's family affairs, things that Jasmine had confided with Sibyl thinking she was a dear friend.

Sibyl found ways to frame the poor girl, to ruin her reputation and to push her completely out of society all the while acting like a innocent sweet angel. When Jasmine tried to confront her, Sibyl managed to twist it and further destroy her by strategically choosing a location that the girl's fiancé would be. He for obvious reasons took Sibyl's side and ended the engagement.

Jasmine and her family left the capital soon after and have not been heard from since not that Sibyl would even be bothered as she had long forgotten about her. Sibyl had ruined many in her path of taking what she had wanted.

Sibyl always got what she wanted and if any were to stand against her, she always had her ways of overcoming such obstacles. After all Sibyl not only had a powerful family but an equally as devious mother at her side supporting her.