×29×

"My oh my, look what we have here." The Countess folded her arms neatly across her chest.

Her expression was calm and that made it all the more terrifying for Erica. Erica wanted the earth to swallow her as a whole right then and there, she wished for anything to happen to escape this situation. She would have done anything to escape it.

Her fear was consuming her, her very being was trembling. Upon noticing this the Countess Alvore gave a sinister smile.

"My dear girl, it greatly saddens me to find you here, "The Countess was anything but sad, "After all I've done for you, you betray me like this."

She took a step closer to the still crouching Erica, gently pushing against one of the guards' spears causing it to taunt Erica more as it caught the light, glinting at the movement.

"I'm afraid you have to be punished again since it seems the first punishment was not good enough."

Erica shivered and wanted to puke at the Countess's sweet tone but horrible words. Something told her that she probably would not survive whatever the Countess has in store for her. The Countess's smile grew when she noticed this.

"Guards, bring her." The Countess turned sharply on her heels and began walking at quite a speed towards the back entrance of the main building.

Erica was roughly grabbed and lifted to her feet where she was harshly forced to follow the Countess.

The Countess, although had a set location in mind and in her own home where there was no immediate danger, was being unusually cautious.

Before she permitted them entering, she surveyed her surroundings relieved when no one was present. If Erica was in the right mind and not completely terrified, she would have noticed this.

The Countess Alvore was trying to sneak Erica back into the mansion. She was aiming not to be caught by any servant as strange as it may seem.

She did not mind herself being caught, it was mainly Erica. The Countess had worked hard for everyone to wipe the girl from their memory. She did not want them to be reminded as this would lead to to many unwanted questions and gossip and the possible chance of it reaching the Count Alvore's ears. Erica needed to remain unknown to the world. It was better that way.

Erica was dragged down to the wine cellar and pushed past the many rows of untouched bottles until the Countess stopped at the second last row and gently tapped her foot until the wooden floor gave a soft hollow creaked.

She signalled for one of the guards beside Erica to step forward and lift the hidden latch to reveal a well hidden trap door. The room below it was dark and smelt of mould and dampness.

Erica was pushed forward towards it. She started to panic not knowing what was down there.

"You will in remain here until it's decided what needs to be done." The Countess indicated, "Even though you are a useless mute, I can't have you making a noise by banging things down there."

Before Erica could even struggle, the guards roughly yanked her hands forward crushing her sensitive fingers at the movement and bound her hands together with a rope. She wanted to cry at the pain caused.

Her feet were also bound together but far to tightly. The rough rope dug deeply into her skin rubbing harshly against her at the slightest movement.

Erica looked at the Countess with tears in her eyes begging her not to do this. The Countess just chuckled, pleased at the poor girl's suffering and gave a nod to the guards.

Before Erica could even register what was happening, she was punched in the side by a very strong forced and roughly pushed into the dark room below the trap door.