21

[Shivaay - S, Annika - A, Rudra - Ru]

Shivaay got back home and his face was blank. One look at shivaay and his siblings knew how everything must have played out. Om and Rudra took him in a bear hug. A teardrop rolled down his cheek.

Priyanka: We'll talk to her bhaiyya, don't worry, we can convince her together.

Ru: No Prinku, that's not right. If she loved him she wouldn't need convincing. Let it be

Om: Look who's all grown up all of a sudden. Bhavya has had a good influence on you. Shivaay, we are always here for you

S: I know, guys.

*********

London, the day after the confession

Oliver: What have you done Annie! Finally a nice guy tells you he loves you and you let him go. You've been crushing over him and by some miracle he likes you too. He flew here to tell you how he feels and you rejected him!

A: I'm scared Ollie, I don't want another heartbreak.

Oliver: Everyone is, that does not mean you push love away. I know you've been hurt before, I know it's hard to trust people. But you know him, he's different. I understand this won't be easy, long distance doesn't always workout but what if it does. Honestly, I think you're making a mistake but that's your choice.

*********

15 days later

Gauri and Om's Roka was done a week ago. The family has been planning for their formal engagement. Since Shivaay had called off his engagement with Kiara, there was no point in waiting.

The oberois were all settled in the living room with their family pandit.

Pandit: 10th september is an auspicious day this year. Engagement should be done on that day

Pinky: Oh my maata, that's the day after shivaay's birthday

Pandit: It'll be a lucky day for Shivaay also. Good things are coming his way.

Pinky: Pandit ji, when will he get married?

Pandit: He will face many hardships in his love life. He won't get married this year.

Pinky: Oh my maata, Pandit ji is there some pooja or something that can be done?

Pandit: No, I'm afraid not. But for his wellness, we should do a small shanti path (hawan) on his birthday.

Days passed, preparations were in full swing for the engagement. As per gauri's request, there was no theme for the engagement per say, just color coordination for couples. Gauri wanted to wear a gown which she had ordered from some famous designer.

On 9th september, as per pandit ji's instructions, a pooja was conducted to pray for Shivaay's wellness. Shivaay was never into celebrating his birthday and this year he used Om's engagement as the excuse.

Tej: Shivaay, happy birthday beta. I have some good news for you. My sources have heard that you will be getting the businessman of the year award this year as well. Congrats beta, we're really proud of you.

S: Thank you bade papa. I too have good news, I just signed that deal with the Japanese delegates.

Shakti: wow shivaay, this is awesome. This is the biggest contract we have ever gotten.