29

Almost two weeks had passed, shivaay had still not contacted her. And on top of everything, there had been more pictures of Shivaay with that girl in the news. Annika couldn't talk to anyone about it. If she contacted any of the Oberois or Gauri, Shivaay would get mad at her. Oliver advised her to trust her heart and give him the benefit of the doubt here.

Annika had an anxiety attack after seeing back to back news articles about Shivaay Singh Oberoi and Rupali Saxena. She searched for the girl and found out Rupali studied in the same college as Shivaay.

She was having bad thoughts a lot lately and her patience was running out. In a moment of despair she called shivaay. When he didn't answer she called him again and again. 5 missed calls, not even a single text from him to say he was busy.

He finally answered on the 8th call. She was already on the verge of crying

S: What's the matter with you Annika? If i'm not answering then obviously i'm busy (he lashed out at her over the phone call)

A: Shivaay i'm not in a good place right now, i just needed to hear your voice

S: I can't deal with your shit right now. You're too clingy, I told you I'm busy, I'm stressed over work. You promised me you won't disturb me and yet you've been pestering me (he was irritated)

A: You never talk to me anymore shivaay. You never call or text. You can share your trouble with me shivaay, i want to be there for you (she pleaded him)

S: You won't understand my problem Annika, you take everything so lightly. Everything is a damn adventure for you. You don't even have a family to think about how your actions affect people.

A: why would you say that shivaay (hurt evident in her voice)

S: I can't go in circles over this with you. You know what, this was a mistake.

A: You mean we were a mistake?

Annika's heart was breaking into a million little pieces with each passing moment. All her fears were turning into reality. She was living her worst nightmare.

S: We are very different. We are not right for each other. This is not working for me

A: We can make it work shivaay, please don't do this (she was literally begging him now)

S: No Annika (he said sternly)

A: You don't want to be with me anymore? (her voice barely a whisper)

S: No

A: But i love you shivaay and you said you loved me too

S: I don't believe in love, I never did. I liked you but you're too much work and it's not worth the effort or the time

A: I'm not good enough for you. It's her right? You like her now

S: Yes

A: Just tell me one last thing, and I will go away from your life forever. Have you been seeing her these past few weeks? Have you been two timing me?

S: I have been meeting up with her these past few weeks

A: goodbye shivaay

She disconnected the call and slumped on the ground.

A(in her mind): He doesn't love me. He doesn't love me. I'm not good enough for him. I'm not good enough for anyone. No one loves me. Everyone leaves. I'm not good enough for anyone. I don't deserve love. I'm not worthy. He doesn't want me. He doesn't love me. He cheated.

She kept on repeating the same thing over and over until she fainted.

Oliver found her a couple of hours later on the floor. He picked her up and placed her on the bed. A doctor came and checked up on her. She had another anxiety attack so the doctor gave her some medication. She woke up after some time

Oliver: Annie what happened? I found you on the floor.

She didn't respond, just looked up at the ceiling.

Oliver: Say something Annie, what's wrong? You're scaring me

A: It's over ollie, he broke up with me. He doesn't love me anymore

Oliver: what? When did this happen?

A: He's seeing that girl from the tabloids

Oliver: Are you sure Annie, you didn't dream all of this?

A: He told me himself, he has been seeing her for weeks

She showed him her call log.

Oliver: everything will be fine Annie, i'm here sweetie

He took her in his embrace and stayed with her.

Annika's heart was broken. She weeped and sobbed uncontrollably the entire night. Oliver was there with her the whole time. He held her tight in his arms. Gently patting her back, stroking her hair. She couldn't stop crying.

Oliver (in his mind): the last time Annie was in so much pain was when daadi passed away. It's all my fault. She was sceptical of this relationship but I pushed her. I wish I could take it all back Annie. I wish I hadn't asked you to give Shivaay the benefit of the doubt. I'm sorry I couldn't be a good friend to you Annie, a good brother. I'm so sorry, love. I won't ever forgive you Shivaay singh oberoi. You broke my Annie's heart, you will have to pay for this.

Annika didn't get out of bed the next day

Oliver: Annie, please eat something, for my sake

A: I'm not hungry Ollie

Oliver: Please Annie, I know you're in pain. I know it feels like everything is broken, but it will get better. You need to eat something before taking your medicines Annie

After a lot of pleading Oliver and Conner managed to feed her.

A: Ollie, Conner, i want to be alone for some time

Conner: we're not going anywhere

A: I promise I'll eat and take medicines on time. I won't harm myself, I swear. I would never do that to you  guys or daadu.

Oliver: No, I'm not leaving

A: Please Ollie, i really want to be alone for some time

Conner: Fine, we'll leave for a few hours. And i swear if you pull any stunt, i will kill you with my own hands

Oliver didn't want to leave but Conner pulled him along. Annika stayed in bed most of the time, lost in thoughts. Tears would occasionally spill out.

A(in her mind): I can't stay here. I cannot become a burden for Oliver and Conner. They shouldn't have to spend all their time looking out for me. They need to live their lives. And I'm not in the condition to face daadu right now. I'll go to paris for sometime, to focus on myself, my work. I have to be okay for daadu and Ollie. No one else should suffer with me. 

Hey guys i hope you like this chapter

Please be a little patient, this phase will pass. Shivaay's side of the story will be revealed soon.

Please vote and share your views in the comments