46

After the party wrapped up, Annika paid the chef and the server. Everything was cleaned up. She finally took her heels off and slumped on the couch with a glass of wine.

Shivaay came and sat beside her

A: Thanks for tonight, you really saved me from getting embarrassed

S: You're welcome

A: And I'm sorry for not believing

S: Are you drunk?

A: No, this is just my 2nd glass, I was so busy attending the guests, I couldn't drink

S: Well you just thanked and apologized when you weren't even talking to me

A: I'm too tired to fight

She smiled at him, properly, for the first time since he came here.

S: Of course. What was the party for?

A: It was my last class today, I just have to go a couple more times to complete the formalities then I'll resume working on my new collection.

S: Congratulations, wait here

Shivaay went to the kitchen and made a sundae bowl for her from the different ice creams she stocked up, added some chocolate syrup and sprinkles for topping and brought it for her

S: celebration without dessert doesn't feel right

A: Yessss, this is just what I needed. You're the best

She handed him her glass of wine and started eating. He finished drinking her glass of wine

A: It was such a nice experience, you know. So many bright and talented people

S: Did you offer internships to any of them?

A: Yeah, a couple. They'll be joining us in London next month.

Without realising, Annika had started feeding Shivaay alternately. She'd have a spoon and then feed him the next one. She kept talking about her class while Shivaay just listened to her and ate. It was like the last couple of months never happened.

A sprinkle had stuck on her face while eating, Shivaay removed it with his thumb. His thumb stayed there on her lip for a moment too long, their eyes locked. They moved closer, their lips about to touch.

Memories flooded Annika's mind, all the pain and the heartbreak came rushing. She shifted her position. Shivaay too got out of his trance. Without saying anything, Annika got up and left. Shivaay internally kicked himself for ruining the night.

Annika was on her bed, tossing and turning, internally cursing herself

A(in her mind): What is wrong with me? How could I do this? He broke my heart, why do I not have any control near him? All these gestures don't change what he did. Every time I decide to stay away, I end up going back to him. I need to drive him away, he's not going to leave otherwise. I don't need him, I don't want him.

The next day, Annika went to finish paperwork at the studio. She didn't go to the kitchen at all, to avoid seeing him.

Shivaay thought about last night's moment.

S(in his mind): It felt so good, like old times. Did she like it? Or did she regret it? Is the damage too much? Is there no chance for us? What should I do?