22

[Annika - A, Shivaay - S, Rudra - Ru, Gauri - G]

Annika had her arms around Shivaay's neck while his hands rested on her waist.

A: i have to go now

S: What is it with you and midnight? If we hadn't spent that night together in London, I would be certain that you turn into some mythical creature every night.

A: I informed Gauri I will get over to her place directly from the airport. And by that calculation, I need to be there in 15 minutes.

S: Wait, Gauri knew you were coming?

A: Of course, I have designed their clothes for tomorrow.

S: I should have guessed that. She refused to tell us who the designer was. Would you have come if you hadn't realised your feelings for me?

A: Maybe, if Zulfi had invited me. Which he didn't by the way, he's on your team. Not that I blame him, I wouldn't have it any other way.

S: I'm glad you realised what you were missing (he said cheekily)

A: Well duh, who would miss out on the prince of the oberoi empire, the winner for businessman of the year award, the one and only SSO

S: Oh is that all you see in me huh..

A: no, i also see a very sweet man in front of me, who would cherish me

S: hmm that sounds more like me

He pulled her in for another kiss, this time she broke away quickly.

A: We will continue this soon, but I really need to go now. I will see you tomorrow at the engagement. Happy birthday Mr Boyfriend and good night.

She kissed his cheek before rushing out.

She handed over Om's suit to Khanna after he drove her over to gauri's place along with a package for Shivaay.

*********

The preparations for the evening were all done. The guests had started arriving. Gauri came with her mother, Annika and some of her college friends.

Jhanvi: Oh hey Annika, I'm so glad you came.

A: me too, jhanvi aunty, it's so nice to see you guys again.

All the couples were color coordinated, Tej-Jhanvi, Shakti-Pinky, Om-Gauri. Even Rudra had coordinated with bhavya. Annika had sent a shirt for Shivaay along with Om's outfit, which matched with her own gown.

Om: Annika?

A: Hey Zulfi, do you like your outfit?

Om: Of course you were the mystery designer. I love the outfit but I'm not very thrilled with you

A: umm did no one tell you about last night?

Om: What happened last night?

A: wow, i thought you Obros were close, you should talk to your brother over there

Omkara turned to see a euphoric Shivaay. The puzzle pieces fit together inside his head. He turned back to look at her

Om: Annika!!! Did you? (a smile was beginning to form on his face)

A: Yes Zulfi... I did... (she beamed happily)