04

"Who is she?"

"A bad girl. One that has committed an unforgivable crime."

"Forsake everything."

"Forsake it!"

"Forsake it!"

"All masks . . . have souls. I await your voice."

"Who are you?! Get out! Or else I will take everything away from you!"

"Master, why are you talking to a mirror?"

Uraume watched Menreiki from where they stood nearby, their eyes never leaving her floating form. She was curled up, per usual, with her knees held tightly to her chest and arms wrapped around them to keep her all together. Her eyes were closed, restricting others from seeing the deep pools of nothing. The curse closed her eyes after Mahito and Hanami left on their mission to steal from Tokyo Jujutsu High a few hours ago. Assisting Mahito and Hanami were two stupid and disposable curse users that Uraume was capable of convinving by making a deal with them. The two weren't able to meet Menreiki due to Geto's insistence; it was almost as if he didn't want anyone to see her.

At least, anyone that he didn't trust.

Menreiki didn't know what the group was stealing other than the last mask considering that Geto failed to inform her of the whole plan. However, when the door opened, three entities entered the domain. Mahito, who was tucked under Hanami's right arm, helped them through the domain before settling the curse on the beach chair. Behind them was a thin, young man with light colored hair, purple hair, and three markings under his eyes. Mahito trotted towards Uraume with obvious excitement if the skip in his step and the large smile splitting his face had anything to say. Geto, who was standing beside Uraume to silently watch over Menreiki, turned his attention towards Mahito, looking satisfied when the curse presented a talisman covered item.

Mahito, ever the dramatic, fell to his knees when he got as close as he could to Menreiki. He presented the item in his hands, eyes wide and almost sparkling as he announced, "Menreiki, I have the last piece of you."

Slowly, the young girl woke up. Her eyelids fluttered and blinked rapidly before she turned in her spot and looked at Mahito. He seemed ecstatic amongst their eyes locking, and if Uraume looked closely, it looked like he was vibrating on the spot.

Maybe quivering with excitement.

Menreiki lowered herself down enough to be on the same level as Mahito before outstretching her arm, her palm up and open to silently ask for the mask. Mahito did as directed, setting it in her hold before raising himself up. The three in front of her watched her carefully as she diligently took off the talismans, and as she silently did so, Geto turned to Mahito.

He expressed his gratitude to the curse for being able to find and retrieve the mask, and essentially pacifying her irritation.

Like usual, after taking off all of the talismans, Menreiki was engulfed in that light.

Geto was half expecting her to change drastically, but instead, she looked a bit . . . smaller? Maybe it was because she had her knees pulled to her chest still or maybe it was because she actually looked smaller.

She held a black color scheme with black hair that was pulled up with three hair sticks sticking out from the right side, a red flower with two small white flower garlands pinned to the left side of her head, and two strands of hair laid freely on her chest. She wore a short, black kimono with gold motifs that looked like odd bony fish designs. The gentle strokes made it look more elegant than creepy as it decorated her clothing. There was a collar around her neck, a small tassel in the center. Besides her face, her body was covered in what was similar to a full black bodysuit spandex, no inch of her skin being exposed besides her face. She wore a cape that was around the same length of her kimono and the same designs covering her front decorated her cape, held together with four large gold buttons, two on each side.