27

"He threw up! SHIT! He threw up on me!"

Menreiki was unbothered by the shrieking that slammed its way into her eardrums as she laid within the deep crevices of Fukujin and Semimaru. They rocked from side to side like a cradle in a slow, relaxed sway that seemed rather misplaced compared to the hectic activities nearby. She was staring at the twinkling lights above her, some hidden from the thickets of the tree tops that towered above her, and although she was captivated by the delicate splatter of celestial bodies above, her eyes slithered over to where a tiny and dim bonfire lived.

Fukujin rumbled with laughter at his brother's repulsion, teasing, "Oh, the big and mighty Otobide got defeated by a bit of vomit!"

"You come and get thrown up on and tell me if you can continue laughing, you giggling buffoon!" Otobide proceeded to float closer to the cursed spirit, only to be stopped by his own muffled yell when a splash of water slammed against his face. He shook from side to side furiously to strip away the water coating his metallic surface before furiously roaring. "Damn you, Sukuna! You always do this!"

Menreiki sat up further in Fukujin's mask, her head tilting to rest on the knuckles of her right hand. Her dull eyes flickered to the swaying human who squinted at the mask, before he questioned, "Would you rather be more disgusting than you usually are?"

"Would you like to be bashed in the face while you sleep tonight?"

The cursed spirit felt the corner of her lips twitch upwards before she directed her eyes towards her ever so mighty mask, "Clean yourself up, Otobide. Komote, would you go with him?"

"Why of course, Master." Komote, ever the kind one, accepted her request with no complaints. She turned to her grumbling brother, lightly thumping him in the backside to urge him in the direction of the nearby water source. "Come now, you wish not to disgust Master with that repulsing smell."

"It is not my fault!"

Whilst the two left the vicinity, Menreiki turned to her human companion to see him lowering himself on the ground. A few open bottles of alcohol laid scattered on the ground and tipped over, mostly from his clumsy manner as he carelessly draped himself over Otobide not too long ago. He slurred his thanks as Saru and Kitsunemen graciously chose to help him clean up by nudging the bottles his way before lifting himself to stumble towards Menreiki who was carefully watching him.

He gave her a wobbly grin, "So? What did you think?"

"About?"

"The titles!" He exclaimed with wide eyes expressing childish excitement, shifting his eyes back and forth to study the look on her face. "You know, like "The Mask of Horrors" or . . . or "Tyrant"! I like the Tyrant one a lot."

Menreiki stared at him, unmoving, before bluntly expressing, "They are horrible. Menreiki feels embarrassed that you would even think that they fit Menreiki."

Despite the fact that Sukuna rolled his eyes and told her that she was too rigid, Menreiki did not retaliate.

Instead, she merely watched as the human started to pull himself up into her makeshift cradle by harshly gripping on Semimaru's side. The mask was kind enough to tip his side over so that he could roll in while Fukujin held in his snickers. Sukuna was ignorant to his own surroundings and the sounds that could faintly be heard underneath him as he positioned himself to sit in front of Menreiki, their legs slotting themselves in between one another and fitting like disproportionate puzzle pieces.

Sukuna let out a deep sigh as he leaned to the side, his warm face pressing against the cool sensation of Semimaru, "Are you swaying?"

"We are not moving, Sukuna," Semimaru lightly informed before adding in, "Please get out if you are going to empty your stomach once more."