05

From here on, the book will follow the events in the manga so if you haven't read the manga or don't want to be spoiled of what happens in the future, please don't read any further :)

Nanami Kento was well aware of the special-grade spirit, Menreiki, and her complete revival. Like most of the sorcerers in Japan, they were ordered to find her and if they did, they were to call for backup immediately. There were no ifs, ands, or buts for those that wanted to go against her alone just to showcase their strength. First and Special Grade sorcerers would be allowed to act as a buffer and weaken Menreiki until backup arrived. In which, that backup would be none other than Gojo Satoru, who would be able to detain her without a bead of sweat dripping down his temple.

When they felt her taunting cursed energy calling out to them, Nanami wondered if this spirit was cocky. For someone that was taken down by a group of sorcerers, it was hard for him to grasp onto why she would call them out after months of being radio silent from her initial revival. Although he was aware of the situation that was to come, Nanami was not aware of was going against a horde of sorcerers wearing black masks void of eyes and a mouth. But he knew that behind those masks were other sorcerers after he had ripped one off of their faces and noticed a familiar face despite the blood that profusely ran out of their eyes, nose, and lips.

Had Menreiki subdued a large group of sorcerers by herself with just these masks?

Nanami leaned down to listen to their heartbeat and heard nothing. Felt nothing thumping against the tips of his fingers. To have killed them and used them as lifeless puppets displayed Menreiki's lack of morality as a cursed spirit. Nanami looked around the area, attempting to find a trail of residue to see if he could track down Menreiki.

The area looked like an atomic bomb hit this secluded forest, the floor painted black with the edges erratically sprayed across the trees and drenching the bark of the tree in what seemed like tar. He was quiet amongst finding no hint of a trail, not even a small dot of it; it was as if she had disappeared into nothing.

"Find anything, Nanami~" He sighed at that irritatingly playful voice before glancing at the man in the corner of his eyes. Gojo held a smile on his face, hands tucked inside his pockets and rocking back and forth from his toes to his heels. The blindfolded man looked around, as he hummed, "She did a lot of damage, hm? Very dangerous indeed."

"Did you just arrive at the scene? Why weren't you here when you felt her?" Nanami questioned as he turned to their strongest ally. It should've been his top priority to come and subdue Menreiki, who apparently was now complete after her mask was stolen from under Tengen's nose. Gojo held a frown on his face, noticing the hint of accusation in Nanami's tone, "Sukuna reacted to Menreiki's cursed energy. I had to make sure Yuji had a hold on him before I left or else the news of what happened would reach those no good elders."

Nanami stared at his senior before accepting it. Gojo was only one person that had to keep an eye on multiplethreats a day. Keeping an eye on Sukuna, investigating the rise of special grade curses, and hunting down Menreiki was all put onto Gojo. Well, the last one was an assignment to every known sorcerer but it mostly fell onto Gojo due to his prowess.

"She killed the sorcerers that ambushed her and used them as puppets," Nanami reported after a moment of silence he pushed up his eyewear. "I haven't heard of a curse that could do that."

"Me either!" Gojo cheerfully agreed as his smile appeared once more, widening in size and not even flinching when Nanami sent him a glare. He should've never expected much from Gojo when it came to professionalism, but sometimes, the man could only hope. Gojo rubbed his chin, "If we find those that awoken her then it'll be easy to find her."