14

Geto wasn't expecting Menreiki to suddenly appear before him, lugging a round watermelon in the safety of her arms.

"What's that for?" He drawled from where he sat on the ground, processing the look of delight that shimmered in her dark pupils.

When she left the group after they successfully captured Gojo, he thought that the next time he saw her, she would be bathing in crimson red. The face of displeasure and dissatisfaction was clear on her face when he took a quick glance at her, so he had only assumed that she was going to relieve herself by killing. Not . . . holding onto a fruit that seemed larger than her own skull.

She lifted it up just slightly, enough for the motion to capture his attention, "Is it not amazing? I never knew something edible could grow so large and plump. I would like to try some with you, Suguru."

"Never seen a watermelon?" He hummed thoughtfully, his hand rubbing his chin as she shook her head. The cursed user sighed heavily, "Must've been introduced to Japan after you got sealed."

Menreiki descended to sit beside him, tucking her legs under her as she sat on her knees. The masks maneuvered their way to circle around the two of them, protecting not only the two inside, but the cube that still laid in the small crater in front of them. Geto watched as Menreiki placed the watermelon on the ground, rolling it towards him when he stuck out his hand.

He quirked an eyebrow, "You didn't see any squared ones?"

". . . Squared?"

"Mm, like this, look," Geto said as his finger traced the ground, slowly drawing a square from the dust and debris that dropped during Gojo's fight. "It looks like that. Did you see any?"

Menreiki looked sick to her stomach, almost as if she couldn't ingest the new information that she had just been fed. Her eyebrows furrowed and eyes wide with what Geto could assume was surprise, "There are watermelons that are squared? How wonderful and odd the world has become!"

He chuckled at her words before placing his hand on top of the watermelon to stop it from rolling around. He stared at Menreiki, who suddenly went silent albeit kept her eyes on the fruit she delivered to him. He patted the tough exterior of the green fruit, "You know, they say it's best eaten cold."

"Cold?" Menreiki repeated before glancing around the room.

Geto handed her the fruit when she gestured for it with her arms outstretched, and he watched her with curious eyes as she started to float. She looked at him with pursed lips, thinking for a second that had Geto wondering what she planned to do. If there was anything about her, it was that she was erratic, unpredictable in ways that had him more frustrated than he was amused.

But yet, for some reason, he enjoyed the inconsistency that she provided, placing her as his 'wild card' rather than the ace up his sleeve because she truly had no set motives or morals, merely doing what she pleased whenever she pleased.

She gave him a challenge, and he reveled in it.

Menreiki started floating away from him, and he watched her back turned to him, the only words she could give him as she left was, "I will find Uraume to make it cold."

Geto knew they had gotten close, but were they really that close to the point she could ask such a useless favor?

Truly, she was so odd that even he wondered just what was running through her mind, just to try and predict her own moves.

Menreiki searched for Uraume after leaving Geto once more.

She searched the rooftops, but found nothing before trying to search the edge of the curtains that kept out sorcerers. However, she looked around and noticed that the curtain had fallen, and in such a short amount of time too. The two cursed users that were assigned there were not people that she cared about, but for Geto's plan, she tried to make her way to where she remembered the source of the curtain laid.