15

"After all these years, we finally meet on a physical plane of existence again."

Menreiki wished they didn't, and she was coming to regret her choice of roaming around rather than staying with Geto and the unsettling cube. She would much rather keep an eye on the prison that held the most powerful sorcerer than speaking to the one who acknowledged her as soon as she rounded the corner. However, luck was not on her side, nor would it ever be, as she was an evil, malicious thing that shouldn't be blessed by anything.

"Hey, you gluttonous woman, answer me."

The cursed spirit scowled as she turned to the voice, "Rot."

"Cute," Sukuna scoffed in amusement, but said nothing else to urge her to speak. He would have to fight tooth and nail to get her to say something, anything, other than insults and death threats. He would never admit that the way she treated him gave him a sense of thrill, to say the least, and the way she ignored his presence reminded him of their delightful relationship in the past.

However, as his eyes slid over to the three that stood before him, he scowled at them for being an unwanted audience to their blissful reunion.

Sukuna jabbed a finger at the three, glancing at Menreiki, "Hey, are they your subordinates or something?"

Jogo swerved his head to look at the other curse of legend, glancing through the gaps of her mask to see her expression.

In the time that they were together, Jogo never took it upon himself to get close to Menreiki and vice versa. For him, there was no one other than Sukuna who was more powerful and more adept at leading the curses to becoming the most superior beings in the world. The curse, Menreiki, was none other than a regular curse that had only survived long because they formed prior to the sorcerers, and as soon as the jujutsu sorcerers were assembled, she was taken out.

Menreiki was not a curse filled with power.

So why was Sukuna, the infamous King of Curses, looking at her for permission?

"Do what you wish," The seven masks of Menreiki voiced out in unison, their voices coming together in an eerie harmony that spread nothing but unease in one's core. The two girls that were associated with Geto turned to the cursed spirit with wide eyes, possibly feeling their end coming soon, and Jogo shared the same expression on his face with eyes filled with disbelief.

But he should've known that was going to be her answer.

Sukuna let a malicious grin stretch across his face, "You hear that? The Tyrant said I can do whatever."

Menreiki had many nicknames bestowed upon her when Sukuna arrived in her life, and although she hated all of them, that never stopped him from saying whatever he wanted. Although, it was also her fault for being so lenient on him as well that allowed those titles to be spread around the land like wildfire. The epithets she carried like the Mask of Horrors and Tyrant were all stupid, uncreative names that Sukuna spouted out at night in a drunken stupor before throwing up on Otobide.

If she had to explain some of the reasons as to why her infamy rose, she would merely say Sukuna's name.

Yes, his stupidity was still too much for Menreiki to handle, even after all those centuries they were apart.

Therefore, Menreiki turned to leave Sukuna with his new prey.

She had barely made it out onto the almost desolate streets before she heard a loud boom sounding out behind her. She grimaced at the sound, and as the masks tightened the circle around her floating form, she looked upon the sky to see two objects that soared the sky. Both were, unfortunately, very noticeable to her which caused the cursed spirit to wonder what kind of bad luck she was experiencing.