18.

-third person's pov-

"the csat is on the corner, and im so tired of studying" byeol whined after taking a sip of her banana frap. Why does she even like bananas so much?

"Byeol, can I ask you something?" dabin questioned. They were walking along the han river to get some fresh air by then. After studying at the library for so long, they went there to freshen up their minds.

"of course you can" she nodded.

"do you-" she paused, "uh nevermind" she smiled again, making han byeol left in confusion.

"what?? just ask me, why are you holding back?" she slightly hit her arms.

"what do you think about ni-ki?" dabin stopped her tracks and looked at her, while byeol was more confused than before.

"out of all the topics why him?" she was left dumbfounded- like, what's with her-

"j-just because?i was curious." dabin responded with a warm smile.

"I don't know?" she shrugged and continued sipping her drink.

"you don't like ni-ki right?" byeol choked- "omg are you okay?" dabin said while helping her with the tissues.

"I was just curious because, I saw that." She paused "Yesterday when you fell over him, you kissed him"

"what- that was an accident-" byeol said and waved her hands on the air.

"I don't care if it was an accident or not, because, i like ni-ki. And Im just, you know trying to make sure that you don't have any special feelings for him and just be his friend. I don't like how he's always so comfortable around you and never notice me." She almost muttered the last words, but was loud enough for byeol to hear.

"Dabin-ah, what's wrong huh?" byeol questioned. She was extremely concerned about her best friend.

"Byeol, you are the first one im telling. Ni-ki, I've told you that we went to the same middle school along with Jungwon and Sunoo right? I've never let anybody know that I liked him because I used to be so boring and quiet before I met you."

" Just wanted to let you know cause you're my best friend. And also because, I trust you" byeol became speechless.

She could've just denied about liking him but god knows how did it suddenly became difficult for her. And every time ni-ki does something illegal to her, she get's some kind of a weird feeling stirring up inside her stomach and her cheeks used to heaten up.

Was she doing something wrong again? Is she too, starting to like him? But what about dabin now?"

-next day-

"han byeol!" she stopped and searched where the voice were coming from. a smile formed on her lips when she saw that it was jay and jungwon.

"oh morning jay! Jungwon too!"

"come fast" she ran a bit to catch up with them.

"why are you smiling so much today? Is there anything to tell me, jay~?" she wiggled her eyebrows when she noticed that he was being a bit to smiley.

"ikr he seems so happy today." Jungwon chuckled.

"just because? I met my mom last night" jay answered with a smile.

"your mom? Oh right, my mom said that she met her at a mall yesterday. Does uncle know about this?" jungwon questioned.

"why does he have to know? He's not my life controller or something" jay responded.

"did your talk went good?" questioned byeol

"yep. anyways you know what? I met my 8 year old sister too. She's adorable" jay said, referring to his adorable step sister of Canada, his mom's daughter.

"awe that's cute!"

They reached the school after some more random talks and laughs. And then, they were greeted by ni-ki in front of the school gate. jungwon did a bro fist bump with him with jays hands around his shoulder.

"hi byeol" he said with a smile, he was quite expecting her to greet him back with 'beanstalk' again. He didn't know how much he was loving that phrase all those times.

But she didn't. she didn't even looked into his eyes and just went marching in front of the three.

He was some kind of, disappointed because he was left ignored.

But to byeol's perspective, she just wanted to avoid that feeling, and keep a distance between them. Not to mention, she didn't wanted to fall for him. but, was it really gonna work?

 but, was it really gonna work?

leave a vote :>
and comment :>