26.

-ni-ki's pov-

-ni-ki's pov-

I was not aware what I was saying, it just, automatically came out of my mouth. Realizing everything and when the reality hit me, even I was shocked, like why did I even said that? But I really meant what I said.

Thinking that the realization would hit me everytime and I would regret saying that, a very unexpected miracle happened. I didn't regretted after wards when I felt her body over me, a skinship.

Did she just hugged me?

"i may not fully understand what you are trying to say or you really did mean that or not, but why do you always make me feel some kind of way? Stop this, can't you?" she muttered, her hands around my waist. She didn't know how adorable she looked. I forgot that I was feeling cold before, but rather felt warm by the warmness generating from her body.

"no, I won't stop. i always mean the things I said to you, you know? I like you, han byeol. Can you stop pushing me away?" I recklessly spilt whatever came into my mind. I swear my anxiety was eating me whole at that exact moment that I almost forgot my name-

"riki-"

"i was right, I guess?" byeol was cut off by a familiar voice coming from a few metres away. When our sight shifted to her, byeol quickly pushed me away, being aware now that someone had been watching us.

"dabin-"

"congrats, both of you" byeol was cut off by dabin again. She gave us a smile, which I notice it was very fake. And her watery eyes were noticeable. Was she hurting?

Honestly, its not like I don't like her completely or something, but I can feel that she was aware of me liking byeol already. Then why does she still have to make me like her? or push away byeol?

That was kinda childish. But I honestly don't blame her. It was her heart who was controlling her instead.

"dabin! Jung dabin!" she called her name and proceeded to run after her.

"byeol, can you just let her be her? You don't have to care for everyone, you must look after yourself too" I grabbed her wrist. I wanted her to be with me longer, but

"ni-ki, you might be able to do that to someone, but I cannot." She held my hand and removed it from her wrist, "She's my friend" she continued after my hand was already away from hers. Her sincerity in her eyes, she is selfless. but who am I to stop her?

She ran a few metres away from me already but then paused and turned back.

"im sorry, I'll tell you my answer after the CSAT. Let's get into the same uni too, beanstalk" she gave me a heartwarming smile before turning to her front again and following her friend.

'beanstalk' how much I used to get annoyed by that single word, but now it somehow gives me butterflies swirling inside my stomach. Only she is able to do that.

-

-

-

-third-person's pov-

It was finally the end of the holidays, dabin still haven't talked to byeol. But they couldn't care less, their exam was around the corner and all of the students are busy studying these past days. The group chat was also quiet since they have not been active like before.

"what! You're taking your Shinee and Michael Jackson posters off!?!" Sunoo dramatically face palmed himself with his jaw dropping while looking at the younger one with his wide eyes.

"yah hyung, did you really need to give that dramatic reaction?" ni-ki asked. It was just him cleaning his room for a better place to study, the boys came to study with him.

"how could I not!? They are like your treasures right?? Omg your manga too-" ni-ki sighed, looking at the older one going through the carton box where he kept his distracting objects.

"its not that im throwing them away, im just keeping them in the other room okay???" he explained, keeping his hands on his hips.

"aeyyy ive never seen you this content in studying before" sunghoon wiggled his eyebrows at him.

"tsk I need to enter the same uni as her you know~" a smirk crept on his face which the others didn't noticed and gave a lame reaction.

"oh that's why..."jake responded, focusing on his book and the others nodded slightly before realizing what he was upto.

"wait- you mean han byeol!?!?"

I hope our baby will be able to meet his family soon:')