Chapter 17 - Xiao's Pain [Edited]

a/n: why was this so hard to make

TW: angst? I think? (edit: not even angst ples-)

.

.

.

"Remember anything?" 

You remembered who brought you here, and turned to look over at him. He seemed angry and in pain, as he stared at a single flower growing at the bottom of a tree. It had teal petals, with a weak white glow and a white stem/leaves. 

You shook your head, and he grabbed your arm again - a bit gentler this time - and pulled you over to the flower. You both crouched down, and he guided your hand to rest softly against the petals. 

You felt something, a small crack, but it wasn't enough to break through. You furrowed your brows, making Xiao notice. 

He sighed, then leaned forward, kissing your cheek. Your face bloomed red, but that was enough. The barrier broke, and memories came flooding back. You closed your eyes and clutches your head, images of Xiao, Qingxin flowers, almond tofu, and many other things flashing in your head. One image floated to the front, and started playing. 

Looking across the ravine, you and Xiao sat together on the mountain, watching the sunset. You were leaning on Xiao's shoulder, with his arm wrapped around you gently. 

"Xiao?" You said, looking up at him. 

"Hm?" Xiao looked down at you with his golden eyes. You saw that it was much softer look than the one you saw today - guarded and cold. 

"I.. need to tell you something." You sat up, fidgeting with your hands. 

Xiao went a bit nervous, and you both stood up. 

"Tonight's the Choice." You said, and his face turned dark. 

"What.. are you choosing?" He asked, and you looked away. 

"To return to my world." 

His face was stricken, and he grabbed your shoulders. "Even after all this time together? You're just going to forget me and leave??" 

"I-I'm sorry.. but there's someone on my world who I dearly loved." You tried explaining, and his anger grew even more. 

"So as you loved me, you still loved someone else." He let go and backed away. "All those moments were fake." 

"N-no.." You tried, reaching out for him. "It doesn't mean that..." 

"Look, you can go. You had a life before meeting me." Xiao said, turning his back to you. 

"Xiao-!" 

Your words were left dead to his ears as he disappeared into teal-black winds. 

You fell to your knees, tears falling down onto the grass. You bit back a sob, wiping your cheeks with your sleeve. 

Getting back up, you walked over to the tree nearby. Kneeling, you dug a hole at the bottom, and put a hand above it. 

A small star appeared underneath your hand, and it floated down into the soil. The spot where it sunk inside glowed brightly, and a small white sprout grew. It curved upwards, a closed flower growing. The stem slowed, and the petals unfurled, vivid teal petals bursting out. It had pointed tips, and white leaves grew out from the stem. 

You stood back up, looking down at the flower. "Goodbye, Xiao." 

Opening your eyes, you looked at Xiao. He had a faraway look in his eyes, and you gently tapped his arm to get his attention. His golden eyes snapped back to you. 

"I'm sorry," You immediately said. He scowled. 

"It wasn't your fault." He said, shaking his head. 

"Still.. I'm not like that." You assured him, and Xiao studied you. 

He nodded a bit and took your arm again. The teleport was easier than last time, the winds seeming gentler. 

You guys were back at the balcony, and you checked the sun. It had only been a few minutes. 

"Thank you," Xiao said, not looking at you. 

"It wasn't a big deal," You replied, smiling a bit at him. 

He returned it, then disappeared. 

.

.

.

yo i've had SUCH BAD WRITER'S BLOCK

me who's too focused on the 2.3 update

AND the EVENT STARTS TMRW AHHHHHHH IM WAKING UP AT 7 GUYS

alr sooooo next up will be exploring smth

:)