Coup D'Etat

Ronon had recovered rather quickly for a man shot in the gut, but as soon as he could, he was ready to be out in the field. So I decided to help assess the man and he made sure to show no pain so here I lay, on the ground, absolutely exhausted. 

"Damn." I breathe out, "You didn't have to fight so hard." 

He's resting on his knees looking down at me. "You're the one that challenged me to a fight." 

"No. I said I wanna make sure you're okay enough for a mission. Not to completely try and wipe the floor with me." 

"I'm ready."

"Yeah, I know that now." 

Ronon smirks and stands, "Come on." 

I take his hand as he helps me up. "Yeah, yeah. Let's get dinner." 

_________________________________________________

The next day, Lindsay is leading us on 177 to check on our people after our man came under fire.

"When was the last time you had any contact with them?" Teyla asks the woman.

"Uh, they came under fire about half an hour ago. Uh, the major told me to head to the Gate and radio for backup. I haven't heard from him since."

"They were under fire and you didn't head back to help?"Ronon asks harshly. 

"Major Lorne told me to stay by the gate." She answers sheepishly. 

I jab him a bit and whisper. "She's not for combat training. She did what she could, lay off her a bit, Lindsay already feels guilty enough. Okay?"

"Okay." 

Sheppard reassures her, but soon we see a house that's been burned.

"Oh my god!" Lindsay exclaims.

"Is that the building they were in?" 

All she can do is a nod in answer to the Colonel's question.

"Well, shouldn't there be villagers? Why aren't they trying to put out the fire?" 

Ronon answers McKay. "The fire's out. That's just steam and smoke." 

"Let's take a look." John orders. "You stay with Lindsay." To Rod.

He scolds us as we walk into the house. The home seems like it's not too hot to enter and there's no sign of a current fire so we proceed with caution. There's still smoke meaning it hasn't been that long, but long enough for no one to be here. 

"A fire like this would have burned the whole village if someone had dealt with it," Teyla observes. 

"Meaning, someone was kind enough to take care of it, but they made damn sure not to be here to talk about it," I add. 

A beam comes crashing down and Teyla pulls me out of the way. "Thanks!"

"Of course." 

Then Ronon puts his two cents in. "Uh, it's not safe to be up here." 

"Thanks for that!" John responds. But then he sees something and we see a burned body, with no chance of us ID'ing the person just our eyes. 

"Dammit!" Sheppard yells.

"What?" 

"Dog tags." He holds them up with his knife. "These are Lornes."

_________________________________________________

We're back in Atlantis with the bodies of Lorne and his team, and Elizabeth meets John and me in the Gateroom.

"What the hell happened out there?"

"As you know, Lorne and his team had the weekly detail escorting Doctor Lindsay to 177." John starts.

"Yes, the one who was educating the people on more effective agricultural and fishing methods." 

"Yes, and it seems like everything was fine until Lorne and his team were attacked," I explain. 

"Just like that, out of the blue?" 

"It seems that way." John answers. 

"By who? The villagers?" 

"I don't know. Lindsay's not a real useful source of information right now. She's a little shook up. Beckett gave her a sedative. Hopefully, she'll be able to give us more info later." The raven-haired colonel answers. 

Just then the gate begins to dial. "Unscheduled off-world activation." 

- Sorry it is so short but I wanted to give you guys something again before I went to bed. It's currently 10:50 pm and I felt guilty for not posting for so long so I decided to post the next day. I know there hasn't been a lot of Ronon and Alison interaction lately but man the Micheal episode. There will be a lot more. Also, there might be so more non-cannon cursing, like words they can't use on tv because I'm gonna be trying to convey something really emotional with that episode, and sometimes it's easier to see a character have strong language in conjunction with a really big reaction.