Aurora PT.5

"They are in the pods," I answer causing Ronon to give me a disappointed look."

"They're both in pods now?"

"Yes. Dr. McKay went in to see if the Wraith was preventing Colonel Sheppard from disengaging from the system." Teyla explains.

Caldwell turns to one of his crew. "I want a team assembled, ready to beam aboard the Aurora to disconnect Dr. McKay and Colonel Sheppard."

"Colonel Caldwell. Please give them a few more minutes." I beg.

"ETA on the Wraith ships?" 

"Eleven minutes out." An airman answers.

"Look, I know that they'll be out. Once Rodney figures it out he'll disconnect Sheppard and we can be out of here." 

"And  if he's not out by then?"

Ronon answers this time. "Then we'll disconnect them both."

"I also recommend a med team standing by for the two."

_______________________________________

I pace back and forth waiting for the two to wake up. 

"You okay?" Ronon asks me. 

I nod. "Just hope that they don't get stupid." 

Before he can respond, the airman reports that there are now 2 life-signs, making me run towards the screen.

"Colonel Sheppard, we're reading two life-signs. I hope that means what I think it means." 

Sheppard doesn't answer the Colonel's question. "Give me one more minute." 

"We're out of time, Sheppard. The Wraith ships are almost here." 

"Wraith Cruisers just dropped out of hyperspace, sir. They're aware of us." The airman reports. 

"Battle stations. Looks like we're going to have to fight these guys. Bring main rail guns online. Alison take a station." 

"Yes, sir." 

I do as I am ordered and report to a battle station with Ronon and Teyla following behind. Before I get the order to fire or anything, the two men are beamed on board.

"Targets are in range."

"Sir, we need to get out of here."

Sheppard and McKay are in possession of the self-destruct code, so the Daedalus pulls away and lets the Aurora explode, destroying the two cruisers in its wake.

_____________________________________________

When we get back to Atlantis all of us including Caldwell go to brief Wier. 

"We monitored all transmissions from the Wraith cruisers prior to the explosions. They never got a chance to board the Aurora or upload any of the ancient information." Rodney explains.

"Both cruisers were destroyed in the explosion." Caldwell adds.

"It's too bad you weren't able to figure out the Wraith weakness." Ronon comments.

"At least we found out that the Wraith have a weakness."

"Good work. Thank you, everyone." 

We are about to leave but Sheppard stops us. "Before we break up the party, there's something I'd like to do. It might seem strange, but I promised to do something when we got home." He grabs a bottle of champagne and Weir gives us all a glass. 

John pours out the alcohol and raises his glass. "To the crew of the Aurora."