Ford is Back PT.4

(That's right, a double update).

We're all gathered in the lab with Ford giving us a speech or presentation. "One of the added bonuses of killing the Wraith is every now and again, you get your hands on a couple of these." He holds up a Wraith comm. "Now, thanks to Jace and some of the computers that we borrowed from the Genii, we've been able to figure out the exact flight path of one of their hive ships."

Jace speaks up this time. "It's decimating all inhabited worlds in its path." 

"It has to be stopped."

"I've been able to calculate that in the next several days, it'll be forced to make a hyperspace pause very near an uninhabited planet that happens to have a stargate." 

"We gate to that planet, get on the hive ship, plant the C4 in the dart bay, and get out." Kanayo explains like this is the easiest plan ever.

"We could save thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of lives."

"So?" Ford asks.

"Wow." Is all our fearless leader can muster.

"Wow," Aiden repeats.

"You heard me."

"Let me see if I can couch what Colonel Sheppard means by wow in more explicit terms. That is a terrible plan."

"Rod..."

"Made all the more frightening by the fact that you think it's a good plan."

"What's wrong with it?"

"What's right with it. Look, let's just for a second, give in to reckless abandon and assume that it would be possible to plant a single charge large enough to destroy an entire hive ship."

Jace tries to defend the reckless ideal. "We're planning on secondary explosions in the dart bay."

"Regardless, the hive ship will be on a hyperspace pause, yes, but it will not enter the planet's atmosphere, nor will it take any sort of stable orbit. It will be flying through space, which means that unless your enzyme allows you to jump a lot higher than you've let on..."

"We have a spaceship."