Sparring sessions

After awhile Carson cleared both me and Ronon for duty, so instead of just lazing around we both decided to spar together. We had been fighting for a while to try and kill time. So far, I have won every round, and I'm starting to get a little winded.

"You were so close last time." I tell him.

"Whatever. How did you get so good?" 

"I told you, I was trained to be the best warrior ever."

"Yeah, but there is natural talent there as well."

"Maybe, or maybe their experiment worked, but only to a lesser degree." I mumble the last part out, but Ronon still heard me.

"The people that trained you did experiments on you?" 

I take a deep breath. "Yes, they were hoping to make some sort of human weapon, and they needed to start with the youngest of us children, so they preformed some horrific experiments on us. I was the only one who made it out alive." I say with some tears running down my face.

Ronon walks up, and pats my shoulder, a sign of respect, honor, and comfort all at once. "You are strong, brave, and a survivor, but you are also open and vulnerable, that is what makes you a warrior. It is not all how many people you can kill, but it is also who you are."

"Thank you, it's been awhile since I talked to anyone about what happened." Suddenly hungry I feel like we should go get food. "Anyway..." I say wiping my tears away. "I'm famished, we should go get food."

"Sure, let's go." Ronon responds, and we walk out of the gym. For some reason, I feel like this friendship is going to be something very special.