Coup D'Etat PT.2

The three of us walk up to the tech. 

"What have you got?" Weir asks him. 

"No I.D.C., but we are receiving a pretty weak transmission on the V.H.F. band. Audio and video."

"Let's see it." 

The image is blurry as it comes on, and I swear I know that face, we've dealt with him on multiple occasions. "Atlantis base, this is Ladon Radim. Are you receiving transmission?" 

"It's one of Kolya's men." Sheppard comments. 

"Yeah, I know who he is. We can't answer this, though. I need the Genii of all people to believe that Atlantis has been destroyed." 

I nod. "We gotta keep that going." 

"My men have witnessed your teams dialling and returning through the Stargate to Atlantis more than once. From that, I can deduce that the rumours of your city's demise are greatly exaggerated." 

"Damn, he's a sneaky son of a gun, ain't he?" 

Landon begins to blackmail us. "Your secret is safe as long as you respond to this transmission." 

"Open a channel." Weir orders. 

"Atlantis Base, this is Landon Radim." 

"We hear you. This is Weir." 

"Doctor Weir. I was beginning to fear the rumours of your destruction were true." 

"What do you want?"

"I have something to trade." 

Weir gets that look in her eyes. "Don't think I don't recognise you, Ladon. You're a member of Kolya's strike force. You tried to forcibly take this city from us. Why would we wanna do business with you?"

"Because I have defected from the Genii." 

"Well good luck with that." 

But before we turn it off Landon leans down and picks up something. "And I have a Zero Point Module." 

Everyone turns to each other in a state of shock, but Elizabeth recovers quickly. "And I have a tentative truce with the Genii that I'm not very eager to jeopardize."

"The Genii got what they wanted. They want no more from you." He holds up the Z.P.M. "And this is of no use to me. But I know how important these devices are to your continued survival. Now, we can discuss this in person. Lower your shields and allow me safe passage into the city."

"We're not interested Landon." She states. 

"This is far, far better than the last trade you made with the Genii, Doctor, and you know it. I'm transmitting the Gate address to the planet I'm on. You can send a team to search me if you wish, but I am unarmed and alone. I'll be here for two hours. If I don't hear from you within that time, this Zero Point Module will be lost to you forever. The choice is yours." He then turns off the transmission.

_________________________________________________

Weir, Sheppard, Teyla, Rodney, Ronon and I are all in the conference room. 

McKay pulls up the still of Landon holding the ZPM. "A ZedP.M is a ZEDP.M. Who cares where it comes from?" 

"We've already got one."

"Yes, one." 

"Two's better than one." Ronon agrees. 

"And three's is better than two. Look, we all know that eventually the Wraith are gonna discover we're still here. Having more power means that we have more options. We might even be able to light up the engines and get the city to fly."