Misbegotten PT.3 (Allies Finale)

We all look at Woolsey shocked. "Not necessarily in the city itself. Without ruling anything out, I would begin by focusing on our contacts within the various indigenous populations, including..."

"If you believe any Athosioans..." Teyla stops him mid-sentence, angrily. 

Weir interrupts her, "Let's not jump to any conclusions here." 

"Isn't it true that there are humans in this galaxy who serve the Wraith, even worship them? How hard would it be for them to infiltrate one of our allied groups? 

"Mr. Woolsey, do you think we post this kind of information on the city bulletin board?" Weir questions him, but he doesn't answer, instead, Sheppard speaks up.

"If the Wraith had that level of inside information, they'd be on their way to Atlantis, not some nameless planet with a couple of hundred people on it." 

"For the time being, we need to focus on getting those people out of there. Because if the Wraith find them and figure out what they are..."

I finish Elizabeth's sentence. "Then we got another problem."

"How much time do we have?" Ronon asks.

"Two days. Well, we could, uh, well, you could beat them there in the Daedalus." 

"We could, but the Hyperdrive is still down, Hermoid says he needs a minimum of 24 hours to fix and get it running." 

"We should light a fire under his bony little..." 

"That still might not be quite good enough."

John turns to Rodney. "If we leave right now in the hive ship?"

"Oh, we'd be cutting close." 

"What are our chances of surviving a ship-to-ship encounter?" 

"Well if McKay and I can get the manual interface working, we have a better shot of not dying."

She nods. "Do what you can on the way." 

We all leave the room and get ready, to fight this battle and hope we don't die.

_______________________________________________________

Teyla is flying the Hive ship with her eyes closed, concentrating while Rod and I continue to work on getting the systems up.

"We have weapons yet?"

"Sort of."

"And what does that mean?"

"It means that we do have weapons but targeting is still not... quite working." 

"Well, you guys are going to do better than that."

"Oh, believe me, no one wants to survive this mission more than I do. Look, we're using up a lot of our power reserves to maintain this speed. We're not gonna have a lot left to fight with." 

"We're going this fast to avoid fighting." 

"Yeah, theoretically." 

"Just... keep working!"

I chuckle but keep working. A little while later we drop out of hyperspace. 

"You all right?" Sheppard asks Teyla.

"I believe I have been able to establish a stable orbit." 

"All right, nice work." The colonel turns to me, "Any sign of the other hive ship?"

"All clear, sir." 

"All right, patch me through to camp." 

"Alright, just give me a second."