Progeny PT. 1

Earlier in the day, Rodney had discovered an old Ancient research facility while we were scouring the databases. Because of our search for more Stargates and more ZPMs to power the city, Elizabeth thought it essential to send a MALP now, so we can get to looking.

"Wormhole's established. MALP is on the way." I announce from my station.

John approaches McKay, "What kind of facility is this?"

"Some sort of research outpost. The database has very little information about it, other than whatever work was being done there was completed and the place was apparently abandoned." 

"Well, sounds promising." Weir states.

"We have MALP telemetry. Environmental sensors indicate viable life. Visuals coming in now." Chuck announces.

We all walk to the monitor, and at first, all we see is static, but then we see multiple humans, possibly ancient, people, staring into the camera.

"Maybe it never was abandoned." 

Just after the Colonels statement one of the people, a man, examines the MALP using one of the Ancient scanners. "Huh. Ancients?" Elizabeth questions. 

"They've got one of their scanners," John adds.

McKay scoffs. "Well, so do we. Just because they know how to use Ancient technology doesn't mean they're..." 

"I am speaking to whoever sent this machine to our home. If you intend us harm, proceed no further. But if you come in friendship, please know you are most welcome here." 

After our encounter, I stand there with Teyla both of us completely in gear, when Ronon comes in twirling his pistol, with a grin on his face. 

"Show off." I stick my tongue out, causing the two to laugh at my antics. 

John and Rodney come into the gate room. "Put that thing away. I told 'em we were friendly."

He holsters the pistol and holds his arms out wide, "I'm friendly." 

"Is that thing set to stun?"

The Satedan take the gun out again, flashy, and sets it to stun then flips it back into the holster.

"Yeah, cause, that's gonna make him look less intimidating." 

A smile graces his face. "What? I thought you said I'm not scary."

"To us. But to be fair..."  

Before I can finish my sentence Elizabeth walks into the room, clearly intending to come with us. 

"Are you coming too?" The shock is evident in McKay's voice.

"Well, Ancients or not, they are obviously an advanced society, and I would like to establish diplomatic relations with them immediately."

"Well, you're the boss. Let's go." 

We go through the Gate, but when we come out, I swear we're still in the same spot, it seems like we're back in our Gate room. 

"What happened?" Asks Weir.

"Did we make a U-turn?"

I pull out my scanner, confused. "Nope, we're exactly where we're supposed to be."

"Look." Weir directs our attention.

The Stargate is shut down behind us, and when we turn instead of the window looking outward to the ocean, we see a long hallway behind the Stargate, where the same man who found the MALP walks toward us.