Trinity PT. 4

We are back at the Facility and me, Zelanka and Rodney are arguing about our newest discovery and what it could mean, when John walks up.

"Have we figured out what this is?" The Raven haired man asks.

"No." McKay responds quickly.

Zelenka jumps in to correct Rodney. "I wouldn't say no. No, we have a theory." 

"But we don't know yet." The egotistical scientist tries to defend.

"No, but based on the shielding around the chamber, what else could it be?" I retort.

"Have you tried turning it on?" Sheppard questions.

"That's what we're working on right now." I answer.

McKay explains, "The problem is that there's not direct link between it and the main power control systems, which, among other things led us to theorize it's an ancillary power supply for the weapon systems." 

"Cool." John simply states.

"See that? See? See the way he lights up at the mention of that? It's like Dr. Vogel at the mention of Pastry." Rodney complains.

"They found a way to soup up their space guns?" John says, in clarification.

"Yes, but it's much more than that." Zelanka replies.

Rodney wasting no time to allow himself control of the conversation again says "The sticking point is that there's not tie between the power generator and the primary capacitor." 

"Basically meaning they would have to channel the power directly into the weapon." I explain.

"Which, I'm sure, means nothing to you." McKay says looking smug.

"It means that they could fire multiple bursts without having to store up more power for the next firing sequence." John rightly explains, causing me to be smile because Dr. Rodney McKay was knocked down a peg.

"Which, leads me back to cool." 

"But, it only makes sense if we're right." Zelenka explains.

"About what?"

"Tell him." The two of us encourage

"Not yet." 

"Come on Rod. You read the equations yourself. What else could it be? An ancient typo?" I reason.

"Well, we know they're not perfect, because they're all dead." Rodney stubbornly refuses. "Look, I just don't want you to get all excited over nothing."

"Well, maybe you're right." Sheppard encourages.

"All right, I'll give you a hint. It seems the ancients were experimenting with high-energy physics on a level that we've never seen before." McKay explains causing all of us to grow more excited, with the exception of John who responds with a unimpressed "Wow."

After the Lt. Colonel leaves we get back to work. 

"Look at this, maybe..."