Chūnin Exams P2

Menma and the rest of the rookie 9 were inside of the academy for the start of the chūnin exams. This test was a written exam with 9 questions.

Menma POV-

I was walking with Karin for a few minutes, talking about the Uzumaki clan, our stages in the Whirlpegan and the chūnin exams until I saw a badly disguised box with two eye holes following us from behind. I ignored it for a bit thinking that it may be following someone else, until I saw it following us from behind. I was about to cast a genjutsu over it but then realised, 'Isn't this something that Konohamaru would do?' "Alright guys! Knock it off!! I know you're there!!" Karin shouted. Suddenly there was smoke covering the poorly disguised box. I heard coughs and a voice speak, "-cough, cough- Udon -cough- Too -cough- much -cough- smoke!" Konohamaru said between coughs. "-cough- Sorry! -cough." The boy now known as Udon said. The excessive amount of smoke dissipated and there stood three academy students. "Konohamaru. Aren't you supposed to be in class?" I asked. "Hai Boss, but we wanted to play ninja with you?!" Konohamaru said. 

Narrator-

"Sorry Konohamaru. We can't. We have the chūnin exams to think about. We don't have time for it. Me and Karin-chan were walking to the academy to hand in our submission forms and get ready for the written proportion of the exams. Sorry, maybe next time." Menma explained. "Aww, okay boss. Anyway. Is that.." Konohamaru started while putting his pinky finger up. "Your girlfriend?" He finished. "Hahahaha! No she's not." Menma said laughing. "I would've guessed as much boss, she's ugly! Her hair is so messy and red! Not to mention her glasses. She wouldn't match your criteria. Apart from the fact that she's an Uzumaki, then again, there are thousands of Uzumaki in Konoha cuter than her. Just like, Ayuri-chan!" Konohomaru said while drifting into a daydream. "WHAT DID YOU SAY GAKI!! I OUGHT TO TEACH YOU A LESSON!!!!" Karin shouted while cracking her knuckles. This woke Konohamaru up from his daydream and he suddenly realised what he had done. It was a VERY bad idea to get on an Uzumaki's bad side. VERY BAD IDEA, and he had just insulted an Uzumaki. "Alright, it's time to go. Udon, Moegi. Let's go back to the academy!" He said while bolting away. And just as fast as he left, Karin was chasing him ten times faster. Menma ran after them intent on getting to the academy, that was until Konohamaru bumped into someone, hard. He rubbed his head while looking up. "HEY!! WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!" Konohamaru shouted while looking up. The guy he bumped into looked as if he was a genin. He was walking with a girl with blonde hair tied in 4 pig-tails. The boy had paint over his face, dark clothing and appeared to have a puppet on his back. He picked Konohamaru up by his scarf. Konohamaru was trying to kick him and punch him but to no prevail. "Hey, stop struggling." The boy said. "Kankuro! Put him down!" The blonde girl exclaimed.

Menma POV-

"Don't worry Temari. I'll just teach him a quick lesson." Kankuro said. "Put him down baka." I said. "Hey what'd you say!" The boy now known as Kankuro shouted. Suddenly, Konohamaru was taken from Kankuro's hand. The only thing we saw was a mop of blonde hair. I saw Naruto-nii behind Kankuro with Konohamaru in his right arm and he was gripping a three-pronged kunai with a sealing array on it. He settled Konohamaru down and turned around. "You three must be here for the chūnin exams, right?" He asked. "H-Hai." Kankuro mustered out.

Temari POV-

"H-Hai." Kankuro was able to say. 'So this is the shiroii senkō's speed. Did he have a sealing formula on the kid or is this just pure speed. And he said the three of us. Only me and Kankuro are here.' I thought. "H-hey. You said the three of us. Only me and Kankuro are here?" I said. "Your friend in the tree." He replied while pointing at a redhead who emerged from the trees. "Kankuro, Temari. Stop it. You're a disgrace to our village." A voice behind me said. I turned around and saw Gaara folding his arms. "You're pretty fast for your age. Menma, I feel like he would be a good opponent for you. You'd be able to work your hardest against him." Naruto said. I didn't believe him one bit. That whiskered boy wouldn't stand a chance against him unless he has the hiraishin or a bijuu sealed in him, which I don't think he has either. "Putting him against Gaara would be irresponsible and stupid. Gaara would literally beat the smirk off of his face." Kankuro said while folding his arms and giving a proud smirk. "I wouldn't be so sure." Naruto replied. "Well, I've gotta go. You two get to the academy quickly, your teams are waiting for you. Konohamaru, Moegi, Udon, you three should get to class, I sense Iruka coming. Maybe you guys can lead these three to the academy." Naruto explained. "Hai sensei!" Was the chorus he was received. "See ya!" He exlaimed. And just like that, he was gone in a flash. Guess we've gotta follow these two then.