Welcome home

I look at the building of the Orphanage as I sit in my car preparing myself for the future. There's a huge list of what ifs going on in my mind right now but all I know is that I am going to give my best.

Because Arianna deserves the best. I can't believe for a fact that she will become my daughter within a few hours. But before all of this I need to talk to Arianna if she is comfortable with me or not. I mean she should be right ?

But what if.... okay I am not going on what ifs again I need to do this for mine and Arianna's sanity. I get out of the car and make my way towards the reception. All the while thinking about Sia.

I go and ask the lady at the desk that I am here to meet Arianna. She nods and is about to say something when suddenly Riley the old women arrives. Wow that sounded like a book title of kids story...

Anyway she approaches me with a smile and says 'Ah Mr.Raymond I was thinking when you would visit. If I know not wrong your here for Arianna?' I look at her dumbfounded How the hell does she know why I am here ?

As if reading my mind she says 'I know alot of things Raymond'. I can't help but notice how her eyes get a bit moist for a minute as if she is somewhat suffering ? But why would she suffer ? Maybe I am going crazy due to the overthinking. I look at her and say 'Yes well I am here for Arianna would like to talk to her. Where is she ?'. She smiles again and says 'Well the last I saw her she was on the roof. You can take the elevator to 4th floor but then you have to climb a few stairs which shouldn't be a problem as your a young man.'

Okay I don't know why this lady seems very weird. I mutter a small thanks and make my to the roof. I get in the elevator and press the 4th floor button. I mentally prepare how it's going to go.

The elevator dings bringing me back to reality. I quickly jog up the stairs and see that the door is half open. I slowly push it open and make my way towards the small girl sitting on the ground making something on the sheet which is kept on the table.

I say 'Hey Angel' as if recognizing my voice a smile comes on her face as she turns and looks at me then says 'Hi'. I then say 'Whatcha doing?' She quickly closes her book and says 'nothing'. Okay...

I then clear my throat and say 'Okay so I wanted to talk to you' as I pat the the chair in front of me. She gets up keeps the pencils which were in her hand on the table and comes and sits in front of me.

I clear my throat again okay here goes nothing 'Arianna answer me honestly okay angel ?'. She looks at me innocently with a cute frown as if thinking then nods and says 'okay'.

I take a deep breath and say 'Princess would you like it if I adopt you...I mean your the best girl in the world so... would you like to be my daughter?'

Don't mind me but you could have said it in a better way Mr. You scared her look she is on verge of crying.

I look at her as she looks at her hands playing with them nervously and I can very well tell she is upset. Did I upset her ? Shit i have already made her upset within a few minutes how am I going to take care of her ?

I gently tilt her chin upwards so that she is looking in my eyes. I look at her and she was actually on the verge of crying but she as holding back the tears. I look at her concerned and say 'Hey whats the matter ? If you don't like me no problem I won't I promise please just don't cry Angel....'.

She then hugs me suddenly freezing me on the spot and it takes a second to wrap my mind around the situation. As soon as I unfreeze I wrap my arms around her as well. I slowly stroke her hair and then she says something which freezes me on spot again 'Thanks Ray'.

Those 2 words made my day. I pull away and say 'So your okay with me as your father ?' She gives me a small smile and nods. I hug her again she gets startled at the sudden movement and clutches my shirt in her tiny hands. Then she giggles making my smile even bigger.