𝟎𝟒𝟓. break this down

━━━━˚🌹👑🐉⋆˚━━━━
𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗔𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗘𝗩𝗜𝗟 𝟯

━━━━⋆。˚🌹👑🐉⋆。˚━━━━❝ 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗙𝗔𝗜𝗥𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗘𝗩𝗜𝗟 𝟯 ❞

𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍
I like him, you should keep him.

{THIRD PERSON POV}

The next day was Mal and Ben's engagement party, music started playing as Mal and Ben walked out, holding hands.

"There they are," Isaac exclaimed as everyone bowed and curtsied to the couple.

Everyone cheered as they walked up the stairs towards the balcony that overlooked the party. They stood at the edge of the balcony before looking down at everyone.

"Lady Mal and I want to thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today," Ben announced to the crowd before turning to Mal, "I couldn't be prouder or happier to call you my Queen. So..." Ben picked up his glass and turned back to the crowd, "Raise your glasses to our future Queen of Auradon."

"To our Queen of Auradon," The crowd echoed back before cheering.

"Speech, your Special-ness," Carlos jokingly called up to Mal.

"Speech, your Fancy One," Jay added as everyone laughed.

Everyone looked up at Mal, waiting, as she hesitated while she looked across at the Isle of the Lost. Mal looked at her brother, knowing that if she closes the barrier forever they would never get to their mother and father, again. Then she looked at Dizzy, Liam and the twins, thinking about how they're never gonna see their father or grandmother again or how Liam stayed here in Auradon for his sister, even though it was pretty obvious that he wanted to go with Flynn. She thinks about how Celia and Flynn left because they won't get to see their father again. She thinks about Evie, Elijah, and Isaac's dream about giving everyone a second chance. And lastly she thinks about how without Uma's pirate crew Auradon would not have... Auradon like. So, there's only one left to do to make this right...

"I can't," Mal blurted as everyone gasped, "I can't be Queen of Auradon."

"Mal," Ben whispered, confused, as he stepped closer to Mal as Mal turned to him.

"I can't turn my back on the Isle," Mal told Ben before turning back to the crowd, "We made a decision... to close the barrier forever and it was my idea but it's wrong. I've learned... that you can't live in fear... because it doesn't actually protect you from anything. You never know where the bad is gonna come from and you never know where the heroes are gonna come from either. Without Uma, Bryson and their pirates, Auradon would be gone. And without Hades... mine and Isaac's father..." Mal paused as everyone, besides her friends, gasped in shock, "...Audrey would be gone. We are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from," Mal told the crowd before turning to Ben, who was looking at her with a proud smile, "And that's why I can't be Queen of just Auradon. I have to be Queen of the Isle, too and it's time that we take the barrier down, forever."