Chapter 6 - Attraction

Chapter Notes:

Recap: Xiao Tian had fun toying with the cedar-haired man, fighting intensely leaving the latter injured. But once again, Xiao Tian didn't assassinate Bai Feng. Instead, the golden-eyed man has piqued the assassin's interest greatly.

Finally, Xiao Tian and Bai Feng started talking and getting to know each other! Although still constantly at each other's throats ^^"

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"Don't move, we're not done talking," Xiao Tian and Bai Feng said consecutively.

The sheer pressure exuded from both men made the young assassin question his own abilities. Was he even up to the task of targeting the golden-eyed beauty in the first place? But as Xiao Tian turned his attention back to Bai Feng, the novice assassin quickly saw the opportunity to flee and call for backup.

The short-haired assassin immediately gripped the younger assassin's collar and then landed a sharp blow on the back of his head, knocking the amateur out cold.

"Hm.. Did I not make myself clear?" Xiao Tian walked in Bai Feng's direction, coming uncomfortably close to the cedar-haired man causing the latter to back up to the wall.

"Why were you following me? Are you waiting for me to let my guard down?" hissed Bai Feng at the onyx-haired assassin. Even though he was still recovering, the cedar-haired man wasn't going to go down without a fight.

As much as Xiao Tian wanted to focus on Bai Feng's words, he couldn't.

The jade-eyed man was trying to suppress this bubbling feeling that he couldn't understand. As if the masked assassin was stuck in a daze, thoughts occupied him.

Why is it that every time he sees this stoic man, there would be a spark of color in his vision?

The first time they met, he got a glimpse of Bai Feng's stunning golden eyes. The second time around, he got to see Bai Feng's beautiful face. Then, Xiao Tian got to hear his velvet-like voice. And at their most recent meeting, the two had an unforgettable spar.

He's been finding out more and more about the long-haired beauty with each encounter, but..

It wasn't enough.

Xiao Tian couldn't understand  this need, this hunger  to discover more about the golden-eyed man. But he dismissed it as his instinct to want to know as much as possible about his target.

As for Bai Feng, he couldn't figure out what Xiao Tian's motives were for tailing him.

"What is your objective following me like this? If you wanted to fight—" but the long-haired beauty was quickly interrupted.

"I only move on the organization's orders, you don't have to worry" reassured Xiao Tian.

"So is this on the organization's orders? To follow me?" Bai Feng asked skeptically.

Bai Feng's statement left Xiao Tian stunned. He just realized that deciding to follow this stoic man was his first time going out of his way to pursue a target on his own accord. To act on something that wasn't a command from the organization.

Xiao Tian snapped back from his train of thought, seeing that the long-haired beauty was still glaring at him.

"The moon sure is round tonight" Xiao Tian evaded the golden-eyed man's question.