Chapter 22 - Just like the old times

Chapter Notes:

Recap: Life returned to being colorless and mundane for the assassin now that he had decided not to see the golden-eyed beauty again. Yet what is this aching feeling? 

We will update the Chapter Art soon! <3

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"Young master, there is a letter for you," Bai Feng's attendant gently knocked on the moon gate before handing the informant a letter.

A letter from Shizun.. The cedar-haired beauty quickly opened the scroll, worried that something had happened to his teacher.

Thankfully, the azure-eyed beauty was just wondering why he couldn't get in contact with Bai Feng for months. In the letter, the teacher requested his disciple to visit him, along with a broad description of a favor he wanted the golden-eyed man to do.

The cedar-haired beauty did plan to visit his teacher, yet after what just happened. The stoic man touched the spot where Xiao Tian had stabbed him. It might not be a good idea.

Bai Feng then quickly sends a golden butterfly to the azure-eyed master,

Shizun, this disciple apologizes for the tardy response. This one has been doing well, please do not fret. As for the visit, regrettably, this one will have to humbly decline. For this disciple shall depart today to meet the others in the village. This humble student wishes for Shizun to always be in good health.

The azure-eyed teacher listened to the illusory being before it fluttered away to nothingness.

It doesn't give him the same relief as seeing Bai Feng in person, but at least he knows that his disciple is safe enough to send back a message. 

Bai Feng had barely recovered, but not long after packing his essentials, the informant quickly rode on his sword and was on his way to meet his fellow disciples.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

It was already nighttime when Bai Feng arrived on the outskirts of the village. Knowing that most of the townsfolk should be asleep by this time, the informant collected some firewood to make a small campfire, before sitting down under a big tree.

Not realizing when he fell asleep, Bai Feng was woken up by one of his juniors in the crack of dawn.

"Shixiong? Is that really you? Shixiong wake up, why are you asleep in such a place?" a young man shook the informant's shoulder.

Bai Feng jolted awake but was immediately relieved when he saw his junior.

"Shidi.. I rushed here right after receiving Shizun's letter.."

Can't believe I fell asleep like that.. the cedar-haired beauty scolded himself mentally.