Chapter 14 - Partner

Chapter Notes:

Recap: Ever since Bai Feng received the jade pendant from Xiao Tian, he has been getting visions from time to time. It bewilders the informant but there is no time to be distracted. There is an important mission tonight, and something dangerous is awaiting our main characters.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"HuiMu, I want you to capture someone for me. Alive." the tan-skinned assassin threw a map scroll for Zi Shi to catch.

"Is there a profile? How would I know the target?" the purple-haired assassin stared at the map.

"They will come to you. Whoever comes in your carriage, bring them to me. Even if it's one of us." the boss commanded.

Zi Shi didn't know what to expect, all he knew was that the leader wanted him to bring back anyone who broke through his carriage. As for why and who.. Sometimes it's better not to know what the boss is thinking.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Right after the mysterious assassin looped the poisonous barbed whip around Bai Feng's arm, the carriage came to a stop.

"Hm.. You might just be in the wrong place at the wrong time.." said the half-masked assassin coldly.

I need to warn HeiLi.. thought the informant as his vision started to swim.

"I suggest you not move. Unless you want to die faster" threatened the gray-eyed assassin as he tightened the whip around Bai Feng's arm, ripping the fabric of his sleeve. The purple-haired assassin then pulled the informant closer for inspection causing the cedar-haired man to wince as the rope dug deeper into his skin, decorating his arm with long lacerations.

Why would the boss want to capture someone like him? Is he worth something? Zi Shi kept staring at the cedar-haired beauty.

Bai Feng tried to get away from the half-masked assassin but his strength failed him.

Xiao Tian thought it was weird for the golden-eyed man to take his time retrieving the scroll, a mere informant shouldn't be able to stop Bai Feng. But the masked assassin's train of thoughts halted immediately when he saw his cedar-haired companion slumped over..

Under his colleagues' mercy.

"Get away... HeiLi..." warned Bai Feng as he slipped in and out of consciousness. Xiao Tian stood still as Zi Shi walked over to him.

"Ah? What are you doing here precious *Hei Mao~?" *means black cat, a nickname

"What did you do to him?" Xiao Tian said with a hint of malice in his tone.

They're together? Is this a trap... Bai Feng swayed as he tried to stand up but his vision soon blurred and their voices too faded, as he slowly fell into a deep slumber.

"Since when did you pick up a partner HeiLi..?" Zi Shi narrowed his eyes in disapproval.

"I'm here on a mission.. So why are you here.." snarled the dark-haired assassin.

"Father's orders of course—" replied the gray-eyed assassin raising his eyebrow.

"Let him go before I rip off your precious whip apart." the jade-eyed assassin warned.