Chapter 24 - Yearning

Chapter Notes:

Recap: The team finally solved the case of the living corpse. But as the team was about to rest for the night, Bai Feng suddenly coughed up blood.

We'll upload the chapter art soon~

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

"Shixiong, are you sure you don't want to come with us for a while? Shizun misses you dearly." the eldest of the three frowned his brows in disappointment.

"I did plan to escort you three back to the sect. Unfortunately, I suddenly have some things to resolve.. Please pass my best wishes to Shizun" the informant bid his juniors goodbye before nodding to his attendant who was in charge of driving the carriage.

"We'll be waiting for your visit Shixiong!" And off they went, leaving the cedar-haired beauty behind.

"Now to settle things back home.." the golden-eyed man quickly rode on his sword.

After finishing the case, Bai Feng requested Xiao Mei to escort his juniors back to the mountains. Consequently, the absence of the staff's leader quickly turned the manor upside down.

"Young master, as I was in the middle of my journey here, the master had sent a messenger bird detailing the situation back at the manor. During my absence, a lot of our men were down and a lot of valuables were stolen. But worry not, the master had evacuated some of the staff back to the main house. The problem is that.. Master got hurt." the attendant's voice rang in the informant's head as he flew across the sky.

The cedar-haired beauty by instinct wanted to check on his brother, but going back to the main house..

Is something he could never do.

It was nighttime when Bai Feng finally reached home, and immediately he was greeted by the servants' relieved faces.

"Welcome back young master!" they all greeted in unison.

Bai Feng noticed some new faces and the new recruits immediately bowed their heads, introducing themselves in the presence of the homeowner.

Balancing between repairing the manor and tending to his injured men surely is a lot of work right after his task back in the village. But with the informant back in charge, the manor was quickly organized back to its original state.

Xiao Tian had just returned from a small mission when he saw a flash of gold light on his way home. The assassin noticed something off about their movements and decided to check.

When the assassin leaped off the roof, he was met by a cedar-haired beauty with unconscious bodies around him.

"I knew it was you, Xiao Bai.." called out the masked man.

Caught off guard that he didn't hear anyone sneaking up on him, Bai Feng immediately turned around and aimed his sword at Xiao Tian.