Chapter 26 - Intoxication

Chapter Notes:

Recap: Xiao Tian and Bai Feng renewed their contract, but how would this affect the dynamics of their relationship? They were never supposed to have a prolonged interaction, yet their lives are currently entangled with one another.

P.S. This is an M-rated chapter, you may skip it if you can't enjoy it~

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Weeks passed as trees had turned red and yellow. With the beautiful full moon high in the sky, Xiao Tian decided to visit Bai Feng, albeit later than usual due to his hesitation. 

"Preparing to go to bed?" the masked man eyed the informant in his ivory one-layer hanfu. The attire reminded Xiao Tian of the night he first tried to assassinate the golden-eyed beauty.

"What is the purpose of your visit.." Bai Feng realized that Xiao Tian had something on his hands.

"I brought osmanthus wine and mooncakes~ Let's celebrate mid-autumn in our own way ^^" the assassin said cheekily as he was already letting himself in, sitting on his cushion and setting down the bottle.

"You're not going to drag me out to join in the 'festivities' this time?" Bai Feng said as he crossed his arms.

"C'mon Xiao Bai~ I won't cause problems I promise~" the assassin sing-songed.

"Isn't it dangerous for an assassin to be drinking liquor?" the informant raised his eyebrows in curiosity.

"Are you worried about me? I'm good at handling my alcohol, no worries~"

Bai Feng let out another sigh, he knew he couldn't win against Xiao Tian when he was this stubborn.

"I'll get us some cups" Bai Feng stood up before realizing, Wait, am I.. getting soft?

Despite their usual outward expression being cold and indifferent to one another, both Xiao Tian and Bai Feng were getting wary of each other's growing attachment as time passed.

Is it alright to let things continue? They constantly harm one another.

They can't trust each other. Yet why is it difficult to pull away?

"Xiao Bai, you drink a lot?" their conversation seemed to be less awkward than usual as alcohol slowly dulled their coherence.

"Only when I have to meet my clients" Bai Feng was slowly getting tipsy but he could still reply coherently.

"Hmm.. You don't seem to handle it well. Don't drink when you're outside" Xiao Tian stared at how flushed the informant had gotten.

"Did you come here to lecture me HeiLi?" the cedar-haired man muttered as he set down his cup of liquor.