Chapter 10 - It's a date!

Chapter Notes:

Recap: Xiao Tian got pierced by a poison needle soon after infiltrating the target's base camp. Worried about his partner, Bai Feng rushed to check up on the assassin, which caused him to activate a cage trap.

The enemy thought they for sure had the upper hand but they definitely underestimated the unique abilities of this assassin-informant pair. With that, the two fled the scene.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Xiao Tian leaped from rooftop to rooftop with Bai Feng in his arms, carrying him all the way back to his room despite his many protests.

"You idiot! Weren't we supposed to retrieve the pendant?" the cedar-haired man complained as he rushed to grab a few things in his cabinet.

"I can come back for it later" Xiao Tian replied calmly.

"Just.. Stay here and don't move, you hear me?" the golden-eyed beauty ordered as he left the bedroom.

Xiao Tian sat by the window. Last time, the assassin still had only one thing in mind: to assassinate Bai Feng. Yet now they're working together, what an interesting change of fate.

Not long after, Bai Feng came back with a tray and a medic kit. The assassin watched as the cedar-haired man walked over to his side.

"I will need you to open your mouth," Bai Feng said with a stern face. But of course, Xiao Tian refused immediately. After all, he couldn't take off his mask at all costs.

"Tilting your mask a little is enough, I just need to check your condition." seeing that Bai Feng seemed to be genuinely worried about Xiao Tian, he reluctantly complied.

The assassin tilted his mask slightly and opened his mouth. Bai Feng then gently pressed a dull silver needle on Xiao Tian's tongue and it immediately turned black in color. The informant frowned deeply and proceeded to pour an unappetizing-looking blend into a small cup.

"Quickly drink this" as Bai Feng handed the cup to Xiao Tian.

The assassin eyed the drink suspiciously but drank it in one gulp. Not that poison would affect me too much anyway.. thought the jade-eyed assassin. However, the short-haired man was not prepared for the horrible taste of the brew. It was extremely bitter that he almost spat it out. Unfortunately, Bai Feng quickly covered Xiao Tian's lips with his hand and ordered him to swallow.

"That was worse than getting poisoned, Xiao Bai! Is this secretly your plan to kill me?" whined Xiao Tian as he stuck out his tongue in disgust.

"What would I gain from murdering you right now?" said Bai Feng in the most monotonous voice.

The informant then grabbed a piece of candy and popped it in Xiao Tian's mouth before proceeding to tend to the small cuts the assassin got from the brawl earlier that night.

The onyx-haired assassin then fixed his mask, definitely thankful for the sweets. The antidote Bai Feng brewed was, after all, beyond tolerance.

"You seem to know your cures Xiao Bai" started Xiao Tian but Bai Feng shook his head.

"This tonic will just help dilute the potency of toxins by delaying its effects. But it's not a direct cure, your body still needs to flush it out on its own." the golden-eyed man explained as he tended to Xiao Tian's cuts.