Chapter 16 - Reunion

Chapter Notes:

Recap: Xiao Tian fell asleep as he was watching over Bai Feng that night. In an attempt to soothe the assassin's pain from his nightmares, the informant gave him back the Jade Pendant. Not long after, the short-haired assassin dreamt of someone but.. who were they exactly?

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

The assassin watched as this body came up for air only to dive down again to search for the pendant. Luckily this guy has excellent eyesight, a little bit too good if the assassin should nitpick.

Finally, the junior saw a glimmer of jade and grabbed the pendant. He swam to the surface and sighed in relief. By this point, the sky was already dark so he quickly swam to the shore.

Not bad.. His perseverance I'll give him that.. Thought the assassin. As the young man climbed up the pavilion with his robes now heavy and completely drenched in water, a voice called out.

"Who's there?" the figure with a lantern walked closer and Xiao Tian recognized the person immediately.

It was the junior's favorite person.

The golden-eyed man was shocked to find his junior drenched in the pavilion, was he bullied? Thought the cedar-haired senior.

"Shidi, what are you doing here?" called out the gentle senior. The jade-eyed young man was squeezing water out of his robes when the senior quickly put his own robe on top of the junior's head.

"Shi Xiong! Your robes will stain" the young man panicked.

"It doesn't matter.. I don't want you to catch a cold from swimming in the lake at night, what were you thinking??" the senior scolded as he helped his junior get dry.

Xiao Tian can immediately feel his cheeks burning, the proximity made it easier for the young man to pick up the calming scent radiating off his Shi Xiong.

"Are you listening? Use this to dry your face.." the cedar-haired senior offered a small handkerchief with a magnolia pattern on one of the corners.

"Ah um, I was finding something in the lake.." replied the junior.

"Your face is slightly red. Are you catching a fever already? We should hurry back.." The golden-eyed senior quickly grabbed the lantern and led the way back to the disciples' quarters.

"So, did you find the thing you were looking for? Did you drop it by accident?" the kind senior asked as they walked side by side towards the courtyard house.

The junior just nodded, he was contemplating whether he should tell his Shi Xiong about what happened earlier.. But he didn't want to hurt him.

"We're here. Make sure you dry completely before resting alright? Good night Shidi" the senior bid him goodbye with a gentle smile on his face. That alone made all the desire to tell his Shi Xiong about the pendant go away.

A smile suits Shi Xiong better than tears.

The junior then pulled out the pendant and stared at it in his palm.

This pendan— before the assassin could finish his thoughts, he woke up from his sleep.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰