Chapter 25 - Turmoil

Chapter Notes:

Recap: Bai Feng's brother finally met Xiao Tian. Still skeptical of the mysterious man, the doctor didn't know if it was a good idea to leave his brother with the masked man. But once again, a gentle side of the assassin resurfaced.

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

A couple of days later, Bai Feng was reading through his reports when suddenly a familiar voice called out.

"Should you be this relaxed with so few people guarding your estate?" the purple-haired assassin sat in front of the informant when he saw that the golden-eyed man was already grabbing his sword.

"Ah, you're not so dumb after all.. What happened to your face? Did you take someone's woman?." the gray-eyed assassin mocked the now faint bruise on the informant's cheek.

"What do you want.." Bai Feng finally gave Zi Shi his attention that night.

"Prideful as usual. I'm just here to let you know that your brother got injured one of the nights he visited here," the purple-haired beauty informed.

"Why were you keeping an eye on my brother?" Bai Feng glared at the assassin.

"HeiLi told me to keep an eye on you, but you weren't home. I just happened to see him walk in the courtyard when he walked into a trap" the grey-eyed beauty reported.

"And what makes you think I would believe that it wasn't you who injured my brother?" Bai Feng still gripping his scabbard tightly.

"He would be dead if it was me who planned the ambush. Anyways, the next time we meet you better run, I won't be as gentle." threatened the purple-haired assassin.

"How polite of you to warn your enemies like that" the cedar-haired beauty gave him his business smile.

The gray-eyed assassin scoffed before leaving the room, failing to realize a golden butterfly was sitting comfortably on his shoulder.

Now that the informant has recovered for the most part, he is determined to find the short-haired assassin once again. After all, he still has bones to pick with the assassin. Unfortunately, Xiao Tian has been actively avoiding him after he recovered, anywhere he looked, he couldn't seem to find the jade-eyed man.

The cedar-haired beauty kept on revisiting places he knew the assassin frequented, hoping to catch a glimpse of the masked man, yet he had no luck whatsoever..

The informant knew that the assassin had no business with him anymore, but can a person just disappear into thin air like that? They live in the same town, so there's no way..

⊱ ━━━━.⋅❈⋅.━━━━ ⊰

Ever since Xiao Tian took care of the wild bunny, the little fluff ball had never stepped out of his home. And recently it's been showing signs of distress and the assassin wanted to fix that.