Chapter 14

Sometimes life does give you everything you want, and then some. Sometimes you just got to take what's coming your way, good or bad, and deal with it later. Just let go and have fun, live in the moment. There are things in life we can't control, but then there are things we brought upon ourselves.

Oh, sweet victory.

"You have to, you can't back out now," Kenzie said.

"You guys, seriously." Jade pouted.

"Just run really fast," Skylar said.

"I'm not a fast runner!"

"Look there are only like three people, and that old guy is asleep, see." I pointed out.

"I'm not doing it."

"How about some liquid courage?" Aphrodite smirked and pulled some vodka out of her bag.

"Where did you get that!?" I hissed and forced her to put it back, looking around to see if anyone saw.

"Brought it from home. Well?" she looked at jade.

Jade eyed all of us and sighed in defeat. Oh, this is going to be good. First, it was the best two out of there, then five out of six. The poor thing still lost. What can I say, karma is a bitch with a cruel sense of humor.

"Give me that." Jade snatched the vodka took three rather large gulps before handing it back to Aphrodite.

It was already night and we waited until the last possible second, right before the pool closes so that no one would be out. Before this, we went to the room. A three-bedroom villa at the Bay Lake Tower with a theme park view.

This room costs 2,500 a night. We have it booked for 7 days. I, of course, got to pick the master bedroom. Downstairs. Upstairs were two bedrooms with two queen beds in each. Skylar and Jade share one room. Kenzie and Aphrodite share the other. The room is perfect. Jacuzzi tub, nice kitchen, great view. Large flat-screen TVs. A pull-out couch both upstairs and downstairs. Literally anything anyone could ever want.

We geeked out a little bit. Then I went on a journey of discovery, just walking around the resort and exploring everything there was to explore. After that, we went back to our room to change into our swimsuits. Normally September is a cooler time in Oregon but it was really warm in Florida. A major temperature difference from what we were used to. Skylar said it reminded her of Texas in that way.

We went to the pool and swam around until closing time, waiting for the perfect opportunity to force Jade to hold up her end of the bet. She went to the bathroom and stripped down before covering herself in a complimentary robe.

Which brings us back to now.

Most of the hotel guests were either watching the fireworks show about to start, watching the water parade out front, or off at the park still. Only three old people filled the pools. Two ladies, and an old man asleep in his chair.

Jade took a couple of deep breaths and untied her robe, holding it close to her body.

I was already snorting in laughter, Skylar hit me in the stomach and shushed me, also holding in her laugh.

We were all hiding out at the top of the slide. Jade was going to slide down and then swim to the stairs before running around the pull once, all while singing a whole new world from Aladdin. That last part was my idea. I couldn't resist.

When she was done, we'd throw down her robe to her and she'd book it to the bathroom to hide from her shame.

"Okay, someone do a countdown," Jade said.

"Oh my god, I can't believe you are actually going to do it." Kenzie snorted in laughter.

"Shut up! Or I won't." she hissed.