Untitled Part 40

It's hard, trying not to be the superhero. Not intervening in people's lives to save them from bad decisions. If being with Lexi taught me anything, it's that I have the tendency to be overbearing, territorial, and possessive.

I'm still working on that part. Trying hard to fight my nature. Sometimes, more often than not, just ask Lexi, my heroic nature gets the best of me. All of this to say, Mackenzie and I had our first official fight as a couple.

We haven't even made it back home from thanksgiving break yet.

It all started with that call, Jade told me that she needed to talk to Mackenzie. That it was important. When I got out of the shower Mackenzie was waiting for me. She didn't say anything to me, even though I knew she had talked to Jade.

I tried not to let it bother me, but when she tried to sneak away the next morning without waking me up. I did ask.

"Where are you going?" I sat up.

"Just going to run an errand, I'll be back later."

"What errand?"

"Just something I have to do with Jade." She said.

"What?" I push.

"Nothing, just go back to bed. I'll tell you later." She insisted.

I frowned at her.

"Well, why can't I come?" I asked.

She sighed and sat next to me on the bed.

"What is it? You promised we'd tell each other everything." I moved next to her.

"I'm... I'm going to Jean's house."

"What!?"

"I have to."

"Why!?" I demanded.

"I need to get the rest of my stuff and settle some stuff with her. Jade's going to help me. I won't be alone with her, promise."

"I'm coming." I quickly get up and start getting dressed.

"No, Darleen. I know you'll just start a fight. I want to get in and out as quickly as possible." She said.

"I won't start a fight, but I will make damn sure she won't put her hands on you." I slip on a new shirt.

"Stop, I don't want you to come." She tried.

"You can't stop me." I grabbed the brush and quickly ran it through my hair.

She sighed in defeat and in the end, I went with her and Jade and Skylar to Jean's house.

"Just wait in the car you two, Jade and I can handle this," Mackenzie said.

"But—"

"Please, just trust me. I don't want either of you to see this. Only Jade." Makenzie got off.

I open my mouth to protest but Skylar put her hand on mine and gave me a look. So I sighed in defeat and leaned back in my chair.

"Let's get this over with," Jade sighed.

I watched them get out of the car and walk to the house. Jean answered the door. We shared a look before she let Kenzie and Jade in and closed the door. I glared so hard Skylar said,

"She can't see you glaring from in here."

I clenched my jaw.

"Just relax, they got this."

"You don't know what I know. That bitch—ugh! Just knowing she and Kenzie are breathing the same air makes my skin crawl."

"They can handle it," Skylar assured me.