Chapter 22

Chapter twenty two: Misfortunes

Rain Moretti

The bright rays of sunshine fell down on my sleeping figure, I groaned in annoyance and tried going back to sleep.

But it never came, instead my stomach growled in hunger. A whimper left my lips as a headache came crushing down. "Oww, I'm never drinking again."

When I finally decided to open my eyes, the first thing I saw was my husband standing infront of the mirror in his dark grey suite , with neatly combed hair looking drool worthy.

"Never is a understatement Tesoro, you'll never leave house." A voice I recognised as my husband's said, still standing infront of mirror.

When I looked up and our eyes met a scowl covered my features.

"When did you come back?"

"That's not how you are supposed to react." He said coming closer while he tied his tie.

"Oh really... Tell me how am I supposed to react when you leave for days without telling me and sent your Henchmen to do it for you." I spat.

"I didn't think you'd react like this." He tried defending himself.

"Oh for fucks sakes guys don't ever think they just assume things and then seem to believe all is well." I yelled then realised I just swore.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it." What's wrong with me? Must be the hangover most definitely.

When I looked over to Angelo he was smirking, as he headed for the door

"This is nothing compared to last night. Tesoro you swore much more cuss words last night, don't you remember?" He taunted.

I shook my head mumbling a small no. I'm pretty sure I was a blackout drunk, me not remembering yesterday's events is proof.

"Where are you going?" I asked sensing he was leaving.

Of course he's leaving Rain he's dressed in suit, my subconscious mocked.

When Angelo walked out the door without answering me, I got up and did my morning routine even though it wasn't really morning it was already late, way past twelve.

Angelo came back with a tray of food which consisted of waffles, eggs, bacon (yum) and a bowl of fruits, with cranberry juice on the side.

"I'm leaving, I won't be back till later." He said kissing my cheek.

"Can Natalia come over?"

"No, infact I don't want you to be friends with her or anywhere near you." He spoke in a cold manner, as he walked out.

Arg Angelo can go jump, I'll do what I want I thought to myself.

A sigh left my lips once I picked up the dirty dishes that I ate with and took them into the kitchen. It was my first time coming downstairs today, since I woke up.

The house was quite as usual and only filled with the maids that were cleaning. Sad thing is they were too terrified to talk to me, so I let them be.